triton power shower

• Thread starter mickyyoungplumb
  • Start date
M

mickyyoungplumb

I replaced a triton power shower today. When on the hottest setting it only gets luke warm. The one before they say was hot. All over hot outlets are hot.
Could this be that the cold and hot inlet pressures may be different? Would turning the cold ballofix down solve this?

Sponsored Links
They should both be running from the gravity fed CWSC so the pressures should be relatively equal. You could try reducing the cold inlet flow whilst the shower is running at it hottest setting and see if it adjusts.
Is it a manual or thermostatic power shower?

Yeah it is of course a gravity fed system. CWS in loft and hw cylinder in cupboard. So I should imagine although roughly the same the cw flow is probably slighty better than the hw going back up into the loft and down again?
Do you think the same as me, that's all it can be? The water was not fully heated when I left so I just assumed that was the cause

On further reflection it shouldn't really matter TBH, as long as there is enough flow to trigger the sensor then the pump should be drawing the hot n cold through at the required rate once it kicks in.
Either the hot wasn't hot enough when it was used or there is a restriction on the hot feed. Was it flushed through during commissioning?
You didn't mention if it was manual or thermostatic? On the triton power showers you can adjust the maximum temp stop, procedure is in the MI's, this should be done once the hot water has reached it's max temp (65Deg)

Sponsored Links
Morning rob, yes the water was hot enough in the cylinder and was flushed through upon commissioning although there was.not much flow. Maybe i need to clean the filers.
As for the max temp stoo, you rotate the spindle fully clockwise then fit the temp lever to 9 so it is already on it,s hottest temp regardless plus i had it running without the levers on and rotated the spindle fully clockwise.

Hi Micky, you still didn't mention if it was manual or thermostatic? Is it the AS2000X or XT, Aspirante etc?

If it's one of these you set the max hot by turning fully anti-clockwise, not clockwise as you mention, I believe? This may be your issue? This will then be the number 9 position.
If you still need to adjust the max stop, remove the small covering trim where the control knob securing screw is and remove the control knob.
Then you have the max temp control wheel which locates into notches in the centre, you remove that and turn it anti-clockwise and refit to raise the max temp or clockwise to reduce it.

Sorry rob, I meant turn anti clockwise. It was fully turnt anti clockwise and still come out luke warm. So the max temp setting is irrelevant because iv run it without that on and it is still luke warm. The max temp setting is to prevent people burning themselves and not to make it hotter. As you already have it at the hottest by turning it anti clockwise and that's the max temp setting

On further reflection it shouldn't really matter TBH, as long as there is enough flow to trigger the sensor then the pump should be drawing the hot n cold through at the required rate once it kicks in.

These showers don't have any flow sensors and the pump does not draw the water through it only pumps.
The pump will run if the shower has water supply or not, the potentiometer controls the pump.

You need to check you have equal flows from the filter housing. if so check the filters are clean the nrv's are free and not sticking, last result is a faulty flow valve.

So seco, basically you are suggesting what I think it is anyway in that the cold flow must be greater than the hot therefore pumping unequal supplies. So cranking the cold down should rectify the problem.?
Its a ballache cos the job is miles away but there was no hot water when I was there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back