triton shower / no pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have recently bought a house and it has a Triton shower fitted behind a tile wall. All we have access to is 1 tap that control the temp and a lever that turns it on. The pressure suddenly went a few nights ago and we have no idea how to go about fixing it or getting an electrician in without taking the tiles off. Can anybody advise ?

Sponsored Links
Do you need an electrician? Or do you need a plumber?

What sort of shower is it to be "behind a tile wall"? How, and why, would anybody tile over an instant-heat electric shower?

Photos?

image.jpg image.jpg
No idea I assume an electrician as the water and temp is fine , but the water pressure has dropped and no motor noise from shower area which we have heard previously.

So the pump has failed, or the supply to it has.

If it is behind the tiles then they will have to come off to gain access to it.

Sponsored Links
You need a plumber ,thats not an instantaneous electric shower ,but it may have a pump to increase pressure .

You need a plumber ,thats not an instantaneous electric shower ,but it may have a pump to increase pressure .
I think that the OP has indicated it does ....
.... the water pressure has dropped and no motor noise from shower area which we have heard previously.
One presumes (hopes!) that the pump is probably somwhere accessible (behind the wall, in a cupboard, under a bath etc.), in which case repairing/replacing it (or it's electrical supply, or flow switch, or whatever) will hopefully be straightforward.

I would have thought the odds are that the pump has failed, in which case would imagine than a plumber would be the appropriate person to replace it.

Kind Regards, John
Edit: typing a bit slow, again!

image.jpg
We’ve just found this behind a panel near the sink - if you zoom in it says shower force, and the pipes seem to head towards the shower. Is this where the pump will be?
Sorry to ask so many questions but we are newbies at this.
Emma

We’ve just found this behind a panel near the sink - if you zoom in it says shower force, and the pipes seem to head towards the shower. Is this where the pump will be?
Yep, that black thing would be the shower pump.

It will presumably have some sort of 'flow switch' (internally or externally), which switches it on when water starts flowing. That may be what has gone wrong, in which case it might be possible to replace just that - but it's probably more likely that you're going to need a new pump. Either way, as I said, I think you need a plumber - there's an outside chance that something has gone wrong with the pump's electrical supply, but I think that's far less likely.

Kind Regards, John

Bit of a long shot ,but if you have "recently " moved in , is it possible that you may have switched off the electric supply to that pump ? Any switches anywhere that you have turned off ,not knowing what they were for ??

Last edited:
I've seen this many times when someone turned off a fused spur in the hallway/cupboard area.

Andy

Last edited:
I've seen this many times when someone was turned off a fused spur in the hallway/cupboard area.

Andy
Me too Andy. Last one was a couple ,just moved in to an old house. No domestic hot water.HWC in loft heated by immersion heater only. No voltage at isolator ,cable disappeared into wall. CU in detatched garage ,and feeding another switch in garage for immersion heater .husband had leaned a stepladder on the switch and turned it off !!!didn't know he had done it ,and didn't know what the switch was for.

I've had this countless times, often where there are switches behind appliances on the worktop and the switches get knocked off by appliances in front of them.

I even had a light switch at the beginning of a circuit (Christ knows why...) that was behind a customer's wall hanging and it got turned off by someone leaning on it. No one knew it was even there and I spent a good while there scratching my head before pulling up boards and tracing cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back