Triton shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just replaced the hose and shower head on our Triton shower and since then water is leaking from where the hose joins the water outlet. It's not leaked before so it's almost as if the diameter of the new hose is slightly bigger than the old one.

I've tried various combinations of washers but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
What triton is it ?

The threads are 1/2" bsp so shouldn't be a problem changing them.

Seco, sorry not a clue what type of Triton it is. It's a mixer type that was fitted when we had the bathroom done about 8 years ago.

But what's strange to me is that the old hose didn't leak at all but this one does. As I said, it's as if they diameter of the hose has changed ever so slightly.

Could the fact that I've changed the shower head to a smaller one cause the problem? My thinking is that the previous head had more and larger holes so the water was less restricted?

The shower head shouldn't matter on a mixer it shouldn't leak.
You sure it's not leaking from the inner hose near the joint but making it look like it's coming from the connection ?

It may be damaged right near the connecion on the inner hose.
Hard to tell when the chrome outer is in the way.

Sponsored Links
OK, I got it all wrong. It's not a Triton shower but a Trevi Blend one.

I think the problem may be the showerhead I recently bought. It was a Triton one from B&Q - when I removed that last night and turned the shower on there was no leak so I suspect the showerhead is not quite big enough. So I'm looking to replace it with a Trevi showerhead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back