Trouser braces

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone use them instead of a belt ? Which ones are best ? Because of my shape :)eek:) to keep me pants up i fasten me belt too tight and end up looking like a figure 8, and starting to get back and stomach pains.

Sponsored Links
You will mostly find clip-on with a plated metal claw. These are very flimsy plated pressed steel and the components will become loose and fall apart. Before that, they will deform and fail to grip.

If you are willing to sew buttons onto your trousers, you can sometimes find button braces with leather tabs, which are more durable.

I don't know if an elastic belt would work for you.

Some examples
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2505460.m570.l1313&_nkw=button+braces&_sacat=0

Possibly a gentleman's outfitter that caters for the older customer would stock them. Or an army surplus store.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I work in expensive bathrooms and those metal buckets are a worry.
Have a few sets myself.
Worth trying a few to see what works for you I guess.

I've been wearing a pair of these for the past three years, (not 24/7 obviously!0, on my work trousers. Tend to have tools, phones, notebooks etc in my pockets and a radio ad retractable tape hooked into my belt so my trousers have a tendency to begin slipping. When I have these on;

Mens 50mm(2") Wide Brimarc Trouser Work Heavy Duty Braces Blue Hand Tools : AmazonSmile: Clothing

it saves sme having to hitch them up constantly every few yards of walking. Not cheap but well worth the money.

I've been wearing a pair of these for the past three years, (not 24/7 obviously!0, on my work trousers. Tend to have tools, phones, notebooks etc in my pockets and a radio ad retractable tape hooked into my belt so my trousers have a tendency to begin slipping. When I have these on;

Mens 50mm(2") Wide Brimarc Trouser Work Heavy Duty Braces Blue Hand Tools : AmazonSmile: Clothing

it saves sme having to hitch them up constantly every few yards of walking. Not cheap but well worth the money.
exactly what i have done for about 10 years with the original bosch blue 10.8/12v round batteries you can carry drill/impact drill /rotary tool/recip saw and most off the range in front jeans pocket with the handle section giving full and safe support with the tool hooked out off the front pocket
obviously anything with an exposed blade needs more care[blade removed for carrage]

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back