truckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, it takes 15 years to build a nuke station - we need them now.
So ... The sooner we get started the better :LOL:

There's no point flogging a dead oil well, oil is dead ... Long live something else.

We had industry before oil and we will find a replacement for it.

MW

Sponsored Links
Les grenouilles have lots of them, and will probably buy ours.

We had industry before oil and we will find a replacement for it.

MW

We won't. There is nothing. There can never be anything. Oil was just wating to be pumped to the surface and given a bit of a clean - free energy. Alas, it is dwindling. We as a planet have been stupid. In your lifetime the world population has doubled. We've got to feed them and give them houses and worst of all they have aspirations. They don't want to live in the fields working horses, they want to live in the cities driving cars. Where's the oil coming from? In 1960 the world population was 3 billion - now it's nearly 7 billion. That's a lot of tears for it to end in.

There can never be anything
:eek:

You do say some stupid things sometimes Joe.

As I keep telling you ... Something is only impossible until it isn't.

MW

Sponsored Links
There can never be anything
:eek:

You do say some stupid things sometimes Joe.

As I keep telling you ... Something is only impossible until it isn't.

MW

Until you can get something from nothing it's impossible. Give us a clue about this new power source that contradicts all the laws of science.

You really are a luddite :LOL:

Remember ... All today's laws of science ... Laws aren't absolute.

Someone will discover a new power source in the same way that someone discovered oil and learned how to refine it.

Just takes time and the desire or need to drive it.

MW

Finding oil didn't break the laws of science. Finding a replacement will - and we need it NOW. But there isn't one is there? It's not me that's the fantasist - it's you.

I am far from being a fantasist Joe I just don't happen to share your view that we will be bound by today's issues.

History has proved time and again that life finds a way and the discovery of a new form of energy will be no different IMO.

I'll be burning squillions of litres of the stuff tomorrow so I hope they find something quick ;)

MW

Finding oil didn't break the laws of science. Finding a replacement will - and we need it NOW. But there isn't one is there?
Aside from the fact France relies largely on nuclear fission as a source of power, how did you get to this point from truckers whining?

Ok, the thread is yours - tell us where this source of magical energy is coming from.(he won't)

I am far from being a fantasist Joe I just don't happen to share your view that we will be bound by today's issues.

History has proved time and again that life finds a way and the discovery of a new form of energy will be no different IMO.

I'll be burning squillions of litres of the stuff tomorrow so I hope they find something quick ;)

MW

I agree, life will find a way - but not the way you think. There is no alternative to oil. Our civilisation is built on cheap oil. Our population is sustained by cheap oil. When the oil runs out - then life will be extinguished from all those that rely on it. Simple really.

Finding oil didn't break the laws of science. Finding a replacement will - and we need it NOW. But there isn't one is there?
Aside from the fact France relies largely on nuclear fission as a source of power, how did you get to this point from truckers whining?
tumbleweed.gif

The french used to rely on onions for power in the old days, you used to see frenchmen with supplies tied to their bikes off to topup the power stations, sadly it doesnt happen anymore.

all matter is energy.

scientists need to find a way of releasing the energy from matter, then we will have this whole thing solved.

anyhow, Canada can go for about 150 years at their current rate of oil consumption and exportation.

poor joe and his o.c. ways. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back