TRV identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would appreciate some help identifying this TRV. Ironically I fitted it about 15 years ago and now want to install wireless TRVs. However the attachment ring supplied with the new TRV, which is supposed to be compatible with honeywell, seems a tad too small.

Here are some photos of the old unit

Thanks

Andy

IMG_20170210_161503.jpg
IMG_20170210_161524.jpg
IMG_20170210_161456.jpg

Sponsored Links
It looks like a Plieger - a dutch company. Google for -> Plieger radiatorkraan

Mr Therm

Thanks for that, spot on. Been trawling through Dutch websites and still no wiser about compatibility with other TRVs like honeywell and why it doesn't fit.

Do you or anyone else have any wisdom?

Thanks

We has another thread like this a few months afo, though I don't think the brands were the same.

Can you accurately measure your thread?
IIRC, the honeywell thread is M30. In the other thread it was another make that was M28, and for which adaptors are available. Yours is larger than M30?

Sponsored Links
Hi
thanks for the replies. I have managed to force my new actuators onto the old valve but they are not closing the valve and the new actuators as compatible with honeywell. The chart which Mr Therm pointed me to, with his mastery of Dutch, says they should fit; however I'm wondering if the old valve is imperial and the new one metric.

Is this a possibility and if so is it possible to get adapters if the valve is bigger than the actuator.

The actuators I'm fitting are part of a home automation system which I am installing, so I need to fit the actuators and replacing the valves is a possibility, but as I have 4 to do I would prefer the adapter route as a first option.

Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Andy

I'm wondering if the old valve is imperial and the new one metric.

No.

The actuators I'm fitting are part of a home automation system which I am installing, so I need to fit the actuators and replacing the valves is a possibility, but as I have 4 to do I would prefer the adapter route as a first option.

Priorities?

No.

So there is no adapter I can get

Priorities?
Obviously to get my heating automated, but rather than just replace the valves I thought I would ask some helpful people who have more experience in this area than I do to see if there is an easier way than just replacing my valves... I am sure you would do the same in my position

. I am sure you would do the same in my position

I would make sure that the core components are working before farting about with vanity projects. Changing the valve bodies is an hours work plus the valves themselves. Hardly going to break the bank in the hand scheme of things.

I had the same problem with some of my old TRVs. I changed the old ones for new as they looked nicer too. My new TRVs them slotted in easily and my home automation project was complete (and works very well!). Swapping TRVs is easy f you follow instructions on here or other sites such as youtube

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back