TRV preventive maintenance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read many posts on this forum about pins sticking on TRVs due to lack of maintenance and use.

I would be grateful for advice as to what I should do about the TRVs on a system in an empty flat.

The heating will not be on at all and I don't know whether I should close them or open them fully as might normally be done in the summer, which I am led to believe is the best way to ensure that the pins do not stick.

I might add that it should not be necessary to have the the radiators on at the frost setting even in the dead of winter, as the pipes are under the floorboards and there is sufficient heat coming from the flat downstairs to prevent pipes etc from freezing up.

There has never been a frozen pipe inside a flat in this block in all the 39 years that I have lived there.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back