Trying to find downlights for a sloped bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted this in the wrong section before, in the general one, and it got no replies, so trying here.

As the title says. Has anyone come across any?

But basically, I have a sloped ceiling (approx 40-45 degs in my bathroom, so I need downlights that can angle/adjust, but also suitable for use in a bathroom including over a shower enclosure.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't actually slope over the shower, that part is flat, but I want the same lights so they match on the flat and sloped. The slope does however go over the bath, so is in 'zone 1' anyway I believe.

If the sloping ceiling forms part of the roof (ie. plasterboard one side, tiles on the other), it will (should) be full of insulation. It will be nigh-on impossible to fit downlights here.

Sponsored Links
If the sloping ceiling forms part of the roof (ie. plasterboard one side, tiles on the other), it will (should) be full of insulation. It will be nigh-on impossible to fit downlights here.

Hmm, you could well be right. :s

These are the slopes. What I might have to do is have a couple of downlights in the straight part of the ceiling, including over the shower area, and then wall lights or something for the others. :(

Any other ideas?

View media item 13663
View media item 13662

A couple of downlights on the flat part, then the "exposed" type for the sloping bit. You can still route cables there, just no light fittings can penetrate the ceiling.

Steve,
What do you mean by 'exposed' type? Any chance you could link to an example to help me out?

Thanks,
David

I'm thinking I will go with 2/3 downlights on the flat part of the roof, including over the shower, and then 2 wall lights over the bath.

Assuming you can get wall lights rated for zone 1?

tounge.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back