trying to fit a loo, but waste is too far out from wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
taken the old loo off, tried to put the new one on, and the main waste is abotu 15inches from the wall. Is this normal? And whats the easiest way to move it? Or do we just have to work with it being there?

Sponsored Links
does the waste come up from the floor ?
useally in these situations just move the toilet foreward and build a false wall behind the cistern.

why that much ? what sort of toilet have you then ?

if its timber floor alter the waste underneath the floor.

Sponsored Links
The stupid sort?

Ok, seriously, its one that the cistern rests on the bk of the pan, if that makes sense. But the waste is about 12-15 inches form the wall, so but the time i have got the pipes into the back of the loo its miles away from wall when the cistern goes on?

have you a pic of the floor etc ?

no you won't just spin it round plumbing not that simple.

McAlpine and MultiQuik make an adaptor that throws the WC back, but it won't accommodate a 12" difference.

You describe a 'close coupled' suite.

As earlier advised, easiest way is to build a false wall behind the cstern to space the WC forward. You could hide all the money in it you saved by doing it yourself.

i thought Close coupled was what id read somewhere, nice to know im not completely crazy.
Will try that, hope my carpentry skills are better than my plumbing ability!

if your going to build a false wall that deep i would rather opt for a concealed cister rather than a close coupled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back