Trying to give helpful advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

As you may have read in my recent posts I am not a qualified electrician and do not claim to be.

Do you think it is wrong, and irresponsible for me to advise , or try and help with some of the posts where I feel able to do so ?

Just after your opinions please.

Sponsored Links
you could always put a disclaimer in your signature.

also if you are not 100% sure dont reply

Eddie

Remember the Ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic by proffesionals

Sponsored Links
gangman said:
Eddie

Remember the Ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic by proffesionals

But a professional captain advised to travel slowly through the ice berg areas but the bean counting owner of the Titantic ordered him to steam at top speed to make the arrival in New York ahead of time.

I think that's a good idea Eddie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please place no reliance on my posts since I am a complete numbskull

Sorry, what do you think is a good idea ??
(I see you have a new signature too JohnD !!!!)

EddieCurrent said:
Cheers Breezer.

My first signatured post !!! :LOL: ( and it's 'one ten' :rolleyes: )

Your signature will be on ALL posts, old and new.

Of course its not wrong!

Thats what forums are for isnt it????? ;)

Eddie

I've been looking at a lot of posts on this forum for the past few weeks, and one thing that springs to mind is that it reminds me of an ever expanding reference book.
I would imagine that if any of your replies are not accurate, then there are plenty of experienced and qualified people out there that can give sound and knowlegeable advice, and who are willing to give up valuable time to give correct advice. If some of that information is from someone not qualified but through personal experience can give advice, then I am all for it. When all's said and done if giving information before starting any electrical work is heeded, then the local A&E should be little quieter on the electrical burns front.
I've been in the electrical business for 30 years, but all of it in industry and since reading some posts have realised that I have some more to learn about the domestic side of things, chances are that you may know more than me in that respect. :LOL:
So in answer to your first question, if your confident in your reply then keep replying.

inaccurate advice is usually corrected by others anyway.

dangerous advice is usually alerted to mods and removed.

moderator said:
Your signature will be on ALL posts, old and new.
Are you sure that's what happens?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...this is what happens when you change the signature:

are you trying to get ban to post again softus? do you miss his little friendly chats? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and I could have told you about the signature appearing on all posts lol. Like your post count increases on all posts, not just new ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back