tumble dryer/fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
happy new year!! my t/d keeps stopping after a few minutes, press start and it carries on a few minutes, eventually all power goes in the t/d and also the f/f...they are on a two gang, nothing trips, no fuses go, and f/f eventually relights, t/d is also able to be switched back on after a few minutes, obviously t/d is the problem, burt wondered will i smply replace the t/d as its 10 years old and was cheap enough(indesit) btw, thank you :)

Sponsored Links
no, the t/d keeps stopping but doesnt lose power the first few times, it does however eventually lose power, thatrs when the f/f loses its power too

You would appear to have a loose connection, as does your socket !:)

DS

Sponsored Links
what ward are you in, just cos the programme keeps stopping and the power remains lit we shall assume its the power lol

We do worry about it, because loose connections on heavy loaded circuits cause arcing which will cause an electrical fire.
If the FF and TD are on the same socket, check the wiring to the socket and the condition of the socket and for burning.

DS
Emergency ward 10

The TD will stop on a brief power cut, such as that from an intermittent connection, the start relay lets go, requiring you to start it again, this is not a fault with the TD. As everyone else says, the fault will be in the socket or its wiring.

ok, but if it were a case of the socket/connection , i imagine the t/d would lose power and all lights would extinguishand need to be switched on again from the on off button? but thats not the case, all lights remain on and its simply a matter of hitting the start/pause button, it does lose power completely after four or five hits of the start/pause button, this is too complicated to explain with written words, i shall investigate the socket, plug, try running the t/d off a different two gang, try it direct to the the socket, and go from there thank you

What do you mean direct to the socket ? Is it on an extension lead ?

DS

yes, the cords for both dont reach the socket, theyve been on a 1 metre 2 gang for the past 5 years, working perfectly but now the t/d is playing up, i shall check it all out tomorrow, im guessing your gonna say your surprised the house hasnt burnt down by now type thing

There will often be enough charge in the capacitors in the T/D to prevent any lights from extinguishing in a brief break in supply.

This is not the case for the rest of the machine so it will cut out.

Swap the extension lead and see how you get on.

It's not ideal an ideal situation though

i hear you, its a double socket so the best i can do is run them seperately with a short extension lead for each, we shall see, thank you all

took the vented hose out, fluff was backing up, its a long climb to the window from the bottom of the t/d, my bad,give it a good clean out,been working all morning good as gold on the same 2 gang as the f/f , il seperate them as advised but i had a hunch it was the t/d, thanks for all the replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back