Tumble Dryer in the Garage

What about Candy as a brand?
I would say you are asking that question on the wrong forum. How would we know? Try asking on the Appliances forum, or get a Which? subscription!

Well some people above shared the reliability of dryer brands/models they have owned and hence the question. Was just following a trail of other posts in case someone has used them and thought they were generally ok or otherwise...

But you are right, should be in appliances :)

Sponsored Links
I've been in an inspection pit using a normal hand-held inspection lamp, and doing brazing from within it.

I appreciate the subject has been discussed to death but perhaps every case has to be examined on its own merit. So before spending for a failure project, it may help discuss a few facts first.
Thanks

Ignore the nonsense about turning your garage into a bomb, it's nonsense.

1) Back of the fag packet calculations we did when deciding what sort of tumble drier to buy suggested for 2015 electricity prices it will take 600 cycles for a heat-pump drier to start making economic sense. If/as electricity prices rise over the lifetime of your drier that number will come down.

2) Heat pumps are incredibly reliable but if they do break then they can be spendy to fix. You can purchase insurance to cover future repairs, which will increase the number of cycles to break even point.

3) Any tumble drier will draw approx 10 amps when the element is on so you should factor that into your cable/fuse/garage equipment calculations. A heat pump drier will have the element on far less often than the other kinds of drier, but when it's on, it's on.

4) Room condensation is not a problem with a condensing drier (heat pumps are condensing).

Sponsored Links
Of more importance in my mind is that the heating elements in a conventional drier could be in contact with petrol vapour from any petrol split or leaking into the garage....

Unlike an exposed hot exhaust pipe which poses no risk from petrol vapour whatsoever.

The heating elements are not the most likely source of ignition, a spark from a thermostat is more likely to cause ignition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back