Tumble dryer now causing mould

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the tumble dryer we had been using in our outhouse finally packed in (vented to an outside wall) we chose to buy a condensing one and since then the outhouse which is not heated is getting very damp and mouldy. There are air vents in there but would it benefit from an electric Expelair type fan? Seems a bit of a cockeyed way about it I know...any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Open a window? Install a trickle vent? Leave the door ajar while the dryer is on?

Softus, what is a trickle vent ? The reason I ask is that our new dryer arrives tomorrow and I've been reading old posts and gathering information on the forum but I didn't come across "trickle vent". Thanks .......Kev......

Sponsored Links
There are two windows in the out building and 3 airbrick vents, even with both windows open condensation still builds up in the corners and behind cupboards and chest freezer causing mould. This tumble dryer really heats up the room whereas the old one vented out of the wall and the heat went with it. Just wondered if an electric fan would help keep the air on the move....???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back