TurboFlush vs WaterEasy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new bathroom and am considering two options for the macerator unit...

I can install a more powerful but older unused (brand new) TurboFlush T11 850 Watt. Or a newer WaterEasy (TurboFlush) 550 Watt model from Screwfix?

The price difference is £100 (the newer one more expensive and has a one year guarantee).

Part of me likes the guarantee... The other part of me thinks the more powerful one would be better... Its for a small cloakroom in a house with two sensible adults who won't over abuse it.

Should I pay the £100 extra for the guarantee or save £100 and buy a more powerful model?

Sponsored Links
Are you/they aware of the connotations of having one of these things fitted?

Can you not get it onto a normal 4” connection?

If you must, then Saniflo.

Thanks for that. I cannot get the fall on the 4”. It’s for a small under stairs cloakroom and i wish I could.

I was informed that the higher the wattage he better and as I can’t afford the expensive SaniPro a less expensive but powerful TurboFlush would be fine. Screwfix reviews are good?

Thanks for that. I cannot get the fall on the 4”. It’s for a small under stairs cloakroom and i wish I could.
?
Are you aiming for the much quoted 1:40 fall ? Less is fine , depending on your layout. IMHO a saniflow is a LAST resort ;)

Sponsored Links
Thought the older T11 was 600w tbh and depending on the exact age some parts are no longer available for it, the Watereasy replaced the T11 &T12 Turbo range and they are the cheap end of the range hence the shorter warranty as they are not a true Saniflo. Would avoid fitting any macerator if you can and avoid the Watereasy if you can. You mention the Pro so is it wc, basin & shower in the room?

I was informed that the higher the wattage he better and as I can’t afford the expensive SaniPro a less expensive but powerful TurboFlush would be fine. Screwfix reviews are good?
You don`t need higher watts to chop up paper & poo.

What’s the minimal drop? It’s going under stairs (toilet and basin) and I can’t lift the toilet to get the drop. Whilst 4” would fit It would be almost flat for most of the run, I’d get a bit of lift initially with a macerator to get the fall. Furthermore I’d imagine having to plumb the sink into this for part of the run as I definitely don’t have room for two pipes.

I wanted more power in case something was accidentally flushed...

What’s the minimal drop? It’s going under stairs (toilet and basin) and I can’t lift the toilet to get the drop. Whilst 4” would fit It would be almost flat for most of the run, I’d get a bit of lift initially with a macerator to get the fall. Furthermore I’d imagine having to plumb the sink into this for part of the run as I definitely don’t have room for two pipes.

I wanted more power in case something was accidentally flushed...
240v macerator motors are low toque motors anything accidentally flushed is going to cause a problem.

There's a recent post on here, one got blocked with too much toilet paper and it was a strip down to sort out iirc?.

There's a recent post on here, one got blocked with too much toilet paper and it was a strip down to sort out iirc?.
Tbh we weren't told what sort of tissue paper it was and some disolve quicker than others plus it was a ball of scrunched up paper.

Whilst the rule is 1:40 I`ve seen much lower work ok. Go too steep and problems of water draining but not waste can occur. Just make sure the flush valve releases a good flush of 6L of water.

A plan sketch of the install with dimensions/distances would help us help you.

Here is a plan... my art I know...

I could probably get away if I run it 1:40 to garden and then make the gradient less with an access point in the garden?

Attachments

• 9940B95A-05C0-49D0-9AD5-30684440D451.jpeg
    9940B95A-05C0-49D0-9AD5-30684440D451.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 322
I couldn’t raise the toilet due to the stairs (there is already low headroom) and the house and garden are level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back