Turbomax VUW 242 boiler problem with hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
So we still have this very old boiler but we have still having problems with the hot water, we have called out 3 repair engineer's, but as it's a old boiler everyone seems to guessing, so far they have changed the thermistor, secondary heat exchanger, primary heat exchanger, diverter valve also done a power flush, new radiators as well but for some reason the boiler seems to be turning off and on every few mins, and the hot water is from burning hot to warm.
Can someone guide us to what the issue could be so I can tell the repair engineer's exactly what to look at. I don't mind any experienced engineer on here who is local (west london) to me to come take a look, we have spent so much on this boiler we can't afford to get a new one at the moment. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm sorry you're having probs with this boiler, I have quite a few of these on my books, and I consider them to be one of the most reliable boilers Vaillant ever made, and simple to repair too.

I'm sure there will be someone on this site who can help you out near you, there's a wealth of knowledge in the closed section of this forum (gas).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back