Turned wrong tap accidentally when repressurising boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Unfamiliar boiler and was told over the phone how to top up the pressure, however the boiler in question is a Vokera Compact HE and the taps/valves underneath the boiler are arranged as follows:

Yellow (Left), Black screw valve marked 'Vokera Adjustable Stopcock' (Right).

Following instructions, I turned the rightmost tap (Vokera Adjustable Stopcock) along the top line of valves to increase pressure, however on hearing no noise (as expected), I quickly turned this off.

It turns out that the correct valve to increase the pressure was also black, but is located lower down and further back on the right side.

I have topped up the pressure using the correct valve, but now just want to ensure that the original tap that was opened in error is now safe.

Have looked online for ages and cannot find any info as to the purpose of these taps, and just want to set my mind at ease.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Fantastic, thanks for this - really appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back