TV aerial bracket by Flue outlet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm looking to get my boiler moved up into the loft of a new extension, on the gable wall. Also on the gable wall I want to install a tv aerial - it'll be high as the aerial will need to 'look' over the apex.

I'd prefer to get the tv aerial up into the apex too, and my OCD will want things symmetrical which means the aerial pole may well sit on the same axis of the flue as it exits.

I've checked the regs regarding proximity to building features for fanned balanced flues (which is what I have), and funnily enough there is no mention of tv aerials..

I'll be fitting the aerial pole to a pair of 300mm open frame brackets, a bit like this: 300mm wall bracket

1658914396915.png

The brackets are galvanized steel, the pipe will be 48mm aluminium

I'm aware that the flue gasses can be corrosive, however would it be likely to affect an alloy pipe at (lets say) 250mm from the flue exit, or the galvanized steel above and below? I can most likely get the pipe and brackets powder-coated if necessary.

I can run the cable down the inside of the pipe, and/or in flexible conduit for additional protection so that's not so much an issue.

Am I likely to run afoul of the LABC for this sort of installation?

Sponsored Links
Is it liable to interact or influence the flue gases as they exit the flue, I wouldn't think so. Are the flus gases corrosive, yes they can be. At that distance though I wouldn't think they'd cause much of an issue

I'd leave it to the GSR engineer that will be performing the move to advise, ideally ahead of time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back