TV Booster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do most people do about wiring in boosters?

Most people I talk too seem to have one in the loft plugged into a socket there and leave it switched on, is this safe?

Whats the most ideal way of wiring in a booster?

Sponsored Links
waynes said:
Most people I talk too seem to have one in the loft plugged into a socket there and leave it switched on, is this safe?

Whats the most ideal way of wiring in a booster?

you said it! ;) and i've never heard of a house burn down because someone left a booster on. just dont cover it with insulation, make sure its well ventilated.

I put mine in with an 3 amp FCU in the airing cupboard. After advice given on this very forum I believe.

Sponsored Links
as a thought I have some unused cabling near where I would put the booster in the loft.

The cabling goes back to an unused 16amp MCB in the CU, Was previously used for the water heater. any problems running the socket of that? If i did would it be worth using a smaller MCB?

If not It wouldnt be much more work to install another socket from the ring main

16amp MCB is perfect for a one-socket radial in the loft - after all, it might be used for the booster now, but what about when you start doing some other DIY up there and plug your power tools into it....?

As long as the cable is suitably rated you have the ideal solution in place already!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back