TV Bracket Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a TV Wall Mount with Tilt for my 32" Samsung. I checked it was suitable for wood stud wall mounting before buying. I located the studs behind the wall and marked where the braket should go however what I was unaware of unfortunatley is that 30mm behind the plasterboard is a brick wall!

The M6 lag bolts supplied ar 55mm in length and therefor will go straight through the stud and hit the wall.

Any ideas????

Sponsored Links
Mark out your fixing plate on the wall, cut out plasterboard 10mm inside this line and infill with 30mm thick timber plate, [+thickness of plasterboard].
Drill pilot holes thru plate were lag bolts fix and also 4 more holes in timber around edge, drill wall to accept wall plugs for edge fixing and drill larger holes to accept the lag bolts ,then fix the timber plate at the edges with 100mm screws and drive lag bolt into pilot holes and fit bracket.
Should give secure fixing that cannot be seen behind wall plate.
Or purchase longer lag bolts and plug walls and use timber as a spacer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back