TV INSTALLATION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning
I am thinking of installing a wall mounted TV in my dining room.
However, I do not have a wall socket for the aerial in that room. Would you advise to buy an internal aerial or would you use a lead to connect to the external aerial (on the roof) ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Assuming you already have an external ariel then run a cable to a point where you can install a 'splitter' which ensures best signal transfer to both or all TV's. That may be where the existing TV is or in the loft.
While running that cable in also install a CAT5 or a CAT6 cable at the same time from the TV location to the Router location as future proofing. Maybe a HDMI cable as well.

Cable from the existing aerial. Simple.

For any indoor aerial to work for you, it will be because you live somewhere that already has a very strong aerial signal in that room. For example, a room that faces the local TV transmitter, and you are within 10 miles of said transmitter, or you live in a high rise block where the room affords a clear view of a main transmitter 20 miles away and you can place the aerial on the window sill. It has almost nothing to do with the amount amplification the aerial boasts having. By and large then, whenever anyone reports good results with an indoor aerial it's by sheer luck of location rather than anything to do with the aerial design.

ETA: It's just come to light that you've asked the same question on other forum sites back in April, and people gave you the benefit of their time and knowledge. Are you now trying to waste peoples time again?

WHAT TO USE - INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL TV AERIAL? — Digital Spy

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back