Twin hose portable Aircon unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a domestic twin hose portable aircon unit that is available in the UK. I have only found twin hose units for the north american market.

By twin hose; I mean one house for external intake and one for external outtake, thus not causing a negative pressure potential in the room the unit is cooling. Oh and of course is suitable for plugging into a normal household socket.

I need to find a way of lowering the temperature in my bedroom, it was 29°C last night with the heat from my computer, Hi-Fi and general summer weather.

Wall mounted split type is also not suitable as far as I can tell due to only having half-meter wide walkway by the side of my bedroom what is used to store wheelie bins. (unless you know of a very small and slim external unit what can be mounted flush against a wall.)

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
Hot, although cloudy and windy today.

Forecast is a bit of rain tomorrow morning, then back to normal.

Sponsored Links
I have been trying to buy an air con full stop, everywhere sold out, never mind twin hose. I think in this country as the AC gets bigger it moves to type with separate condenser and evaporator with hoses connecting so you hang one bit outside,
Coolbreeze-22P-Pac-22-with-Logo-2015-275x275.jpg
trying to get two large pipes reasonable sealed to a window is not going to be easy, so if you want it portable then one pipe, if you want semi-fixed then two part unit.

I would exhaust it through the wall. Guess I will have to do with one pipe or mod a single pipe unit.

I would exhaust it through the wall. Guess I will have to do with one pipe or mod a single pipe unit.
If you can find even one of them for sale! I have given up for now, Screwfix promises to tell me when back in stock, they will not allow me to order one until they are in stock in at least one store.
It is the same with most the stores selling reasonable priced portable units, all well and good Curries PC World advertising them for £179 but they simply don't have any in stock, all I can get is the silly coolers where you freeze a pack then blow air past it.

Winter is the time to buy aircon.

Wall mounted split type is also not suitable as far as I can tell due to only having half-meter wide walkway by the side of my bedroom what is used to store wheelie bins.
Above head height?

Then the neighbours can see it.
If it's a window that looks out onto a 50cm walkway with bins then surely it's not a window they spend time looking out of?

And then their is the whole ordeal of PP.
Surely if your permitted development rights have been taken away like that the you'd need PP no matter how high up the wall it is?

If it's a window that looks out onto a 50cm

My bedroom has two external walls, a short one with a window what faces the driveway, and a long one what is parallel to the walkway what faces the front of a load of houses. The walkway goes right down the side to the kitchen.

The point I was trying to make is that a neighbour could hardly make a valid complaint about loss of amenity if the view out of a window 50cm from a wall changes to include an A/C unit. They could not credibly claim to have previously been enjoying the view from that window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back