Twin wall stainless steel roof brace kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted twin stainless steel flue pipe though the roof before so no problem there, because of building regs the flue pipe have to be over 2m high which mean I have to fit the universal roof brace kit which is 2 telescoping tubular legs which have a L-shape bracket to fix onto the roof rafters, what the best way of doing this regarding flashing around the very small tubing? The roof is marley ludlow tiles and about 22 degree pitch. I was thinking of a thin flat bar underneath the tiles onto the rafters extended out to fix the brackets? Is that the correct way or any better idea?

URBK.jpg

Sponsored Links
What you suggest is probably workable but depending on the thickness of the bar it may not be rigid enough.

You can fix a thicker section bar or rod to the rafters and provided it comes out through the roof tiles horizontally (or pointing slightly downwards) it would be relatively easy to trim the tiles and put a lead flashing around it.

Thanks Roofer, I'm trying to work out how to do the lead flashing

The best result is if you get a leadworker to make them up for you.

Look at this. 3rd and 4th photos show weathering slates where the pipe is welded at an angle to suit the roof pitch

The lead slates with neoprene centres (flexislates) are also suitable and available off the shelf but aren't as discreet. See these

Sorry about the quality of the links but you get the idea

1st link doesn't work see pipe here and imagine thinner diameter

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Roofer & justlead1, I did see the flexislates, like you it can be a bit an eyesore, I'll shall have it made up for a neater job, thanks for getting the ball rolling :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back