Twinthread Countersunk Pozi Screw

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
B

Bodgeit and scarper ltd

toolstation or screwfix i have been getting my screws from screwfix, but the toolstation ones are cheaper, are they any good? i am going off screwfix as there service is going down hill.

Sponsored Links
I have just done that. bought a box of 3 inch. There is a difference 35p :D

i dont choose between them any silver screws in my selection of 56 sizes could be from toolstation or screwfix

Sponsored Links
i used to buy the toolstation ones all the time as they were cheaper than screwfix and reasonable quality. I then got converted to spax which are dearer, but i buy in bulk so i get a good discount on them.

One thing i have found though when comparing them is the spax are a lot quicker to drive in and cause virtually no splitting (most of my stuff is external timber). The other thing is for some reason the toolstation ones absolutley eat driver bits, causing them to shatter. I went through three in one day, whereas ive kept the same ones in for the last 3 months when using teh spax

Toolstation are pretty good, but you do have to be alittle cautios as some of their stuff is silverline crap, but other stuff is good quality and can be cheaper than screwfix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back