twitter

E

EddieM

anyone care to give a really really brief low down on twitter, what does all the @whatever / #tag stuff mean? completely alien to me (bear in mind i think facebook is a total waste of energy)

Sponsored Links
Because you can keep in touch with people. My daughter has been to Cambodia, Vietnam,Thailand and Laos in the past few weeks - I know where she is and what she's doing via facebook.

Sponsored Links
I agree with you there - it's a fookin mystery.

Because you can keep in touch with people. My daughter has been to Cambodia, Vietnam,Thailand and Laos in the past few weeks - I know where she is and what she's doing via facebook.

Drug runner..?

Nah - she's educated and intelligent - unlike you.

anyone care to give a really really brief low down on twitter, what does all the @whatever / #tag stuff mean? completely alien to me (bear in mind i think facebook is a total waste of energy)

Eddie, i resisted Twitter for a long time... i hate all that "i've gone to the toilet - tell everyone" nonsence...

However, i reckon Twitter serves 3 purposes...

1. Sad people who want to blog their lives.... (don't get this at all)
2. Stars that want to keep an interest going about them (a la Stephen Fry).
3. and people like me who follow people we like and respect, and it helps keep up with things... so you might love Kylie or J-zee and find out about their latest tour dates etc etc ... so it's useful as a window into your hobbies/people etc

:rolleyes: yawn...... why do you care...

Eddie, i resisted Twitter for a long time... i hate all that "i've gone to the toilet - tell everyone" nonsence...

However, i reckon Twitter serves 3 purposes...

1. Sad people who want to blog their lives.... (don't get this at all)
2. Stars that want to keep an interest going about them (a la Stephen Fry).
3. and people like me who follow people we like and respect, and it helps keep up with things... so you might love Kylie or J-zee and find out about their latest tour dates etc etc ... so it's useful as a window into your hobbies/people etc

oh I see, well i guess as I have no interest in people I don't know, I guess it's not going to be of interest to me.... however what does the @ thing mean? what does a #tag mean i feel I'm missing out on some new language

Sponsored Links
Back