Two gang light switch - what am I doing wrong?

Is the right hand switch the blue and brown from the same cable? (Light 1)
I know in the photo it's not clear but, Yes it is - that light works.

What I can't get my head round is why the second light doesn't work if I loop COM to COM?

That's a shame, I really thought we were on a winner.

Did you check this bit?

any thoughts on this:
Tested between unknown blue and perm live - there is no voltage. :confused:

I might have to do a more thorough trace of wires.

The only thing I can think of is that the loft has alcoves - which have a wire running to them for in-cupboard lighting. Those are not fitted yet.

I know there is a wago junction box in the loft as well. So I'm hopeful all the wires can be traced back to there.

Just a bit frustrated because the first Electrician disappeared and I paid a second one to test all the wiring (making him aware of what had happened). He said it was all tested etc, when I contacted him about it not working he isn't responding. So now I have to pay a third to come sort things out if I can't manage it myself. Nightmare!
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top