Two Gang lighting for garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to install two flourescent lights in my garage each independently controlled from one two gang two way light switch. The switch i have has one common and one L1 and 1 L2 on each switch. cananyone please help me and explain the correct way to connect these lights from my 6 amp mini circuit breaker in my garage consumer unit all the way through to the lights and switch.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
many thanks i had happened accross the forum by seeing questions on the bottom of a diynot page and didnt realise there was an actual forun head until i was brought to the forum after i had signed up and posted. apologies for time-wasting.

Sponsored Links
I have reviewed the FAQ and just want to check something- i am using a two gang switch in a single back box- is it possible to jump across the permanant live to the second common so that i can run just one cable from the switch to the first flourecent strip light and then run a second cable with the switched live across to the second flourescent strip light?

I have reviewed the FAQ and just want to check something- i am using a two gang switch in a single back box- is it possible to jump across the permanant live to the second common so that i can run just one cable from the switch to the first flourecent strip light and then run a second cable with the switched live across to the second flourescent strip light?
Yes - the permenant live is fed to both COMs. The two switched lives go to the two L1s.

All neutrals to a seperate terminal block.

All earths to a seperate terminal block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back