two gang two way light switch - terminals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,

apologies in advance for posting in UK only section but im in the dark literally and the product in question was probably of Uk origin.

while refurbishing the house in Ireland, i mislaid a two gang two way light switch which i removed for plastering works. the switch controlled a two way light circuit for hallway and a one way circuit serving a bathroom. i labelled the cables as noted below but i am unable to identify the corresponding terminals on the new switch.
the terminals on the old switch which was 20 years old are different to the new switch, i.e Comm, L1 L2.

my labels (5 no. 1.5 sqr. cables):
A
B
B1
B2
J1

i would be grateful for your sugestions for terminating the labelled cables to the new light switch.

thanks

regards

s

Sponsored Links
J1?

Are you sure you don't mean A1?

If so, note the new switch is divided into two switches, each comprising of Com, L1, L2.

on one switch
A = Com
A1 = L1
A2 = L2 not used

on other switch
B = Com
B1 = L1
B2 = L2

Metal faceplates must be earthed.

Sponsored Links
guys,

thanks for both your responses.
it quite possible my handwriting could be the culprit.

cheers

s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back