Two rings connected at socket

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter at all to me - just pointing out that you could be safer in future.
Thanks for your concern and I will keep it in mind in the future. I have never had this problem with wiring before before but I have had plenty of belts! I understand it's not how an electrician would test a circuit but I wasn't expecting something like this to occur. My issue was with the anomaly really.

Sponsored Links
You need to avoid getting 'multiple belts'. You may think you are ok because you are still walking/talking etc. However, electric shocks as I'm sure you know, cause damage to the ares it happens to and can also damage your heart muscles that you may not realise.
I believe that it is now law if you have a shock, especially in work, you are supposed to attend A&E for assessment and probable ECG.
In my mind, one shock is one too many, especially with all the test equipment we have so readily available these days.

You need to avoid getting 'multiple belts'. You may think you are ok because you are still walking/talking etc. However, electric shocks as I'm sure you know, cause damage to the ares it happens to and can also damage your heart muscles that you may not realise.
I believe that it is now law if you have a shock, especially in work, you are supposed to attend A&E for assessment and probable ECG.
In my mind, one shock is one too many, especially with all the test equipment we have so readily available these days.
I don't intend to go and get shocked by touching live wires on a regular basis, but after 68 years I have managed to find one or two. A&E after a few volts? An ECG? Yeah right. Lol. There's a guy who has been struck by lighting hundreds of times and he's still alive and kicking so I am not that bothered at my age. What could the hospital do anyway? Warn me not to touch any live wires again?

I'm not far behind you in age and used to have the same attitude, in fact I thought it meant I was a 'hard' man.
Then a friend who was younger died for no apparent reason. The autopsy reported he died of "'heart failure due to multiple scarring of muscles consistent with electric shocks over a period of time." He was an electrician.
I spoke to a friend who was a cardiologist and she agreed that multiple shocks, even very small ones, can over a period of time result in heart failure.

Sponsored Links
How can my testing be at fault when I switched off the circuit and it was still live?

If you had tested it properly then you would have know it was Live before this

The screwdriver went bang! The circuit tripped.

Your "testing" was at fault because it failed to warn you that there were wires that were Live.

I wasn't born yesterday pal.

but with your poor approach to testing for safety you may be dead tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back