Tyical conservatory price

H

HiZ

Just been quoted 8k+vat for a 3m x 3m, brick cavity dwarf wall and boundary cavity brick wall. Other two walls, glass and double doors.

Sounds alot to me, what does anyone think?

Sponsored Links
I just purchased my 4m x 3.2 edwardian double hipped double door with a galvanised base system placed on piles for £4300 inc self build.
The money is in the groundwork footings your quote does sound expensive.
Price around with several companies I did and found the difference for the same spec about £3000 to supply.
Have a look on e bay they advertise to supply and fit too.
Pete

Not bad for the Outer hebrides, not so good for central Leeds.

Ok for Oak or Teak frames, but not for plastic.

Good for Pilkington energiKare or Activ glass all around, not so good for 16mm units and twinwall plastic roof sheets

etc, etc

When you get your two other quotes, you may have a better idea how much conservatories, of a certain specification will cost in your particular location

Get some more quotes & get them based on your specification, you need to be sure exactly what your getting before you can compare. I started off with 11 quotes when I tendered for all the building work I had done here in 2005 which including a 5m x 5m Edwardian conservatory. Spec. for cons. was; base with Selotex insulation, U/floor heating & porcelain tiles, insulated cavity dwarf wall, 28mm DG Rehau K glass units, 2 sets French doors + 1 single door, 40mm poly roof, electrics, lighting & plaster & 2 new soakaways – price was £15k.

Sponsored Links
£8K for a 3 x 3 sounds like a sensible price to me. Be very careful if you find a company doing the work for much less - check them out properly. Conservatory Companies selling conservatories for around the £5K to £6K mark don't tend to last very long.

They build up credit with manufacturers and then go pop. Then they start up again with a similar name. Cheap companies also tend to sell inferior stuff, pay low wages and get poor workmen etc.

I'd also advise against buying a 3 x 3 unless you really can't afford any more. A 3 x 3 is so small inside by the time you've calculated for your dwarf walls - you'll probably end up not using the conservatory! A 3.5 x 3.5 probably won't cost that much more but will make such a difference to the usability of the conservatory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back