type of wires for central heating components?

with the assembly of a large control panel

You are not seriously describing that box in the picture as a LARGE CONTROL PANEL.

That, my friend, is not a large control panel. :!:

Sponsored Links
simond wrote

You are not seriously describing that box in the picture as a LARGE CONTROL PANEL.

No Im not.
But the panel controlling this industrial refrigeration plant shown in the image below is quite large by comparison.
And you are trying to tell me that a spark could design and assemble something like this. :rolleyes:
I put it to you that a spark would have difficulty knowing where to connect the power supply never mind design and assemble the unit. :rolleyes:
I have seen first hand what sparks can do to equipment like this on site just connecting up a few wires and the cost of rectifying their mistakes can run into thousands.

Fridgepack.jpg

Anyone who calls themselves an electrician should be able to assemble such a panel

In their dreams. ;)

Enough of the silly pictures

I like pictures. Don't you ?.

Dread to think what pictures will be appearing soon to prove who has the biggest. :eek: :eek: :LOL:

For pity's sake.

Can somebody post a picture of Battersea Power Station's old control room???? At least it would be more interesting than this junk.

TO REMIND YOU BOTH the issue was;

Where is your evidence to support the claim that a cable has to have a CPC?

Both WDIK and Balenza seem to be at pains to avoid the question.

The last I heard was that 'experience matters more than regulations', regulations which are only intended for the likes of me and the rest of the great unwashed.

It would seem that if you can assemble a panel you get a dispensation. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Simond wrote

TO REMIND YOU BOTH the issue was;

Where is your evidence to support the claim that a cable has to have a CPC?

You are becoming confused. Probably the lager taking effect.
WDIK has already pointed out that such evidence probably doesn't exist so is not arguing.
I entered the debate to point out that experience comes first and stand by that.

You also said

There are thousands of sparks making panels like this up and down the country.

Which is absolute rubbish. :rolleyes:

You also said

Quote:
There are thousands of sparks making panels like this up and down the country.

Which is absolute rubbish.

There are nearly 150,000 people in the UK electrical contracting industry. Therefore I think my figure could be quite plausable.

Or are you :LOL: suggesting that you two are in some kind of electrical elite? Where you make your own rules up and put it down to experience?

At one of my previous employers we used to get the apprentices to wire the panels. A day's tuition and they were off.

A few DIN rail panels may impress the odd plumber, try posting those pictures on the electrical forum and wait for the laughs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back