Tyre Wear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
i am having problems with my Ford Courtier Van 2001,its Fiesta based,the drivers side front tire has worn extensively on the inner edge,85% of the tread is good but i have replaced it,i dont want my new tire to wear the same.The van drives very well and the steering is good,all the other tires are good,can anyone inform me how to rectify the fault,thanking you, tom :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy,
thanks for your reply,i would have thought if the tracking was out both front tires would wear unevenly,
thanks
Tom

Agreed, do have the tracking set by someone with a brain.....
Assuming there's no accident damage to the suspension, of course!
You'll be steering straight with one front wheel, but the other could be miles out.....have the steering wheel centralised before any work takes place.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Bottom ball joint might need replacement, inner wear can indicate excessive negative camber due to suspension wear.

I've suffered this with underinflation before, 30psi vice 35psi :rolleyes:

I now do recommended+2 psi to be sure, and not a problem since.

OK this was an Astra but in my research I read this happening on Focus's too.

Might be worth having tracking checked with a tyre place that has the Hunter 4 wheel alignment equipment http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

That way you will get a computer printout showing tracking, castor and camber angles on all 4 wheels. This could well give an indication of what is going wrong.

Sponsored Links
Back