U.K. Government has handed contracts to private companies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
valued at over £1.7billion without competitive tender processes being followed.

Including £109m deal signed PestFix, PestFix has assets of just £47,000!

EZw91kPXsAIdx7T

EZw91kJWAAAEIoC

Sponsored Links
you'll be telling me next they'd sign a ferry contact with a company that had no ferries.

Serco CEO is Rupert Soames, brother of ex Tory MP Nicholas Soames. Both are grandsons of Winston Churchill.

No wonder no matter how rubbish Serco is, it seems to keep winning contracts.

This erodes trust in Government.

valued at over £1.7billion without competitive tender processes being followed.

Yeah, let's starve the folks who are shielding by not sending them food boxes until we've gone out to competitive tender. Don't need PPE quickly either or ventilators, or testing. Let's just put everything out to normal tender processes.

This is scraping the bottom of the made-up stories even for you Notchy.

Sponsored Links
Having assets is old fashioned. Pestfix may deal with just one, or more likely, multiple, manufacturers to fulfil the orders. Saves the gov/civil servants work

Because I'm thick..

I'm struggling to see what the problem here is. Is it the money they spent or the lack of tendering process?

Tender process is extremely long winded and can usually take many weeks months. However they required to act quickly once they decided the direction they were going to go in.

Im pretty certain that has the government gone through tender they would have been blamed for taking to long.

Whatever they do will always be wrong.

This is scraping the bottom of the made-up stories even for you Notchy.
Ceres thinks its fine for this government to give away contracts to their mates, he makes excuses because he voted for Boris.

Serco CEO is Rupert Soames, brother of ex Tory MP Nicholas Soames. Both are grandsons of Winston Churchill.

No wonder no matter how rubbish Serco is, it seems to keep winning contracts.

This erodes trust in Government.

Serco were huge under the Blair/brown government. Ran the whole Labour Speed camera pyramid funding scam.

The term used to describe a certain type of person used to be the establishment, another the old school tie. Not that many wear ties now so maybe there is a database. There is a need to find "the right kind of people" to deal with and for certain well paid jobs.

Serco were huge under the Blair/brown government. Ran the whole Labour Speed camera pyramid funding scam.

Blair etc did have a bit of a problem in this area. Privatisation. Once you have it how can anything else be used.

As usual as this mentions it has it's problems

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serco

Why does it have problems - indirect political control. It's part of Serco Group Plc that returned £80m profit across it's holdings Share allotments are interesting

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02048608/filing-history

It's possible to find official reasoning for privatisation - tax taken from profits. It can also hide debt in as much as it's there and some of the utilities for instance have rather a lot of it. :) Corbyn didn't make a very good job of explaining his ideas. In some areas there isn't any competition at all and we are being indirectly taxed. If they go bust they would have to be propped up as they provide services we need.

The group is into all sorts including defence.

Last edited:
Ceres thinks its fine for this government to give away contracts to their mates, he makes excuses because he voted for Boris.

I think it's OK in the middle of a pandemic to use whatever means are necessary. Unlike the EU who put PPE out to a longwinded and lengthy supplier selection and tendering process and left member states struggling.

You don't know who I voted for, but I'll give you a clue. You're wrong. Your unbalanced and blinkered viewpoint leads you to sweeping and incorrect assumptions about the politics and voting habits of anyone who disagrees with your obsessive rants.

Sponsored Links
Back