U2

well on recent pole queen was voted the best band
and metalica was voted best ever rock band
but i would say the biggest band in uk is iron maiden by long shot
and their not some tax evading preacher man telling all to pay more tax to help the third world

Sponsored Links
Pink Floyd? Perhaps in the 60's. Sid went all funny in the head , Waters wanted to ''be'' Pink Floyd and Gilmour only stood in because he had to after he got rid of Waters.
Really floyd went down hill fast after Sid and remained there, The Wall gave them some reprise in its popularity but only because it was a little different in it was also a film.
Sids solo stuff is just a bit too ''I am still Pink Floyd even though I was sacked'' and Waters solo stuff was much better without the rest of the band influence.

Zep etc etc. yeah OK for their day but in this day and age compared to newer music? Its like a morris minor on the autobahn, nice to look at and reminisce but simply not good enough to compete.
There is much , much , much better music out there than these outdated ,faded and mostly pretentious has beens.

Just my view. :LOL:

iron-maiden.jpg

Oooh Sexy. :LOL: :LOL:

Nice camel toes. :LOL:

Pink Floyd? Perhaps in the 60's. Sid went all funny in the head , Waters wanted to ''be'' Pink Floyd and Gilmour only stood in because he had to after he got rid of Waters.
Really floyd went down hill fast after Sid and remained there, The Wall gave them some reprise in its popularity but only because it was a little different in it was also a film.
Sids solo stuff is just a bit too ''I am still Pink Floyd even though I was sacked'' and Waters solo stuff was much better without the rest of the band influence.

Zep etc etc. yeah OK for their day but in this day and age compared to newer music? Its like a morris minor on the autobahn, nice to look at and reminisce but simply not good enough to compete.
There is much , much , much better music out there than these outdated ,faded and mostly pretentious has beens.

pinkfloyd history in a paragraph and the zep analogy of a morris minor... but you mention nothing of who is better.......name band names

Sponsored Links

So Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here not upto much then?

and their not some tax evading preacher man telling all to pay more tax to help the third world

actually in the context of Britains best band..... Maiden would be up there...

Very unfair to compare a progressive rock band (Pink Floyd) of the late 60's ,and 70's) with the likes of U2. Completely different era's Completely different styles,,, Completely different music.

Anyway U2 were doing a concert in Glasgow, when Bono asked for the music to stop. The arena fell silent,,,,,,,, Bono started clapping his hands slowly and spoke into the microphone,,,,,,,,,,,

"Every time I clap my hands,,,,, A child in Africa dies,,,,,,."

After 20 seconds silence, a voice from the crowd shouts,,,, "Well stoap clappin yer hands ,,, ya evil, sick, ba****d." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

typing error iron maiden is my fav band

pinkfloyd history in a paragraph and the zep analogy of a morris minor... but you mention nothing of who is better.......name band names

I suppose that is down to personal taste, what are your tastes and I will be happy to oblige you.

We could start with Floyd if thats your bag?
Only much better, in my view that is.

Incubus also Wished you were there.

no no no... the post is about the "best band in the world"..... someone mention Pink F... others challenged that. You suggested PF and Zep were good in their time? well the question to you is.... which bands are today than the older bands?

Iron Maiden may well be "Up there."

But Queen, will remain tops of the UK's best band for many years to come. It's many years since Freddie shuffled off his mortal coil, but Queen are still the best remembered and probably favourite UK band of all time (to present date) Innovative and not afraid to use differing musical styles in one song, or even go for an old style song,,, their music will live on for years on Radio 2. ;) ;)

PS whilst I mention Radio 2 ,,, has anyone noticed that Ken Bruce is the only DJ on radio to play Layla (by Derek and the Dominoes) the whole way through?

Best or Biggest band associated with U2? Maybe in the '80's? The BBC condones them because they are eco friendly, Boom Town Rats, were the highlight of the year in the '80's...but that's the BBC being impartial again, due to their support of washed up bands...What's that? Sorry? Bob Geldof's daugher has her own TV show on the BBC, called OMG? What Bob and Bono are friends? How did she get a show on the impartial BBC then? OMG!

Sponsored Links
Back