U2

Sponsored Links
Ok, naybe we should try to come up with winners in different categories....

So instead of 'best' band - which typically means your 'favourite' band.... we need some measures.... so best selling band? Most influential band?
Most popularly supported band?

Most talented band?

Ok, naybe we should try to come up with winners in different categories....

So instead of 'best' band - which typically means your 'favourite' band.... we need some measures.... so best selling band? Most influential band?
Most popularly supported band?

Most talented band?

don't just sit there and be negative.. what are you adding to the thread? nothing !!! How do you measure talent? by counting the number of times a tap dancer can tap their toe in a second? or by how accurately Ozzy Osbourne can hit a perfect C? no i don't think that

Talent too often means favourite... what is it that makes a band talented?

Sponsored Links
The song writer? You cannot do this without being bias, its like trying to figure out what is the perfect breast, everyone has their own ideas.
We could post up some of out faves and see how it goes?

This is a talented song writer that i like to listen to.

thatbloke";p="2032006 said:
The song writer? You cannot do this without being bias, its like trying to figure out what is the perfect breast, everyone has their own ideas.
We could post up some of out faves and see how it goes?
Good idea :D

My fav song of all time

http://youtu.be/AjQlghwb5W8

and no 1 has mentioned 'the who'.

On Tuesday, it will be exactly 5 years to the day that I went to see The Who performing in the Bristol City ground.

It was a warm sunny evening, and we had managed to get tickets near the front standing on the pitch. Magic!

Bon Jovi this year.

Pink Floyd? Perhaps in the 60's. Sid went all funny in the head , Waters wanted to ''be'' Pink Floyd and Gilmour only stood in because he had to after he got rid of Waters.
Really floyd went down hill fast after Sid and remained there, The Wall gave them some reprise in its popularity but only because it was a little different in it was also a film.
Sids solo stuff is just a bit too ''I am still Pink Floyd even though I was sacked'' and Waters solo stuff was much better without the rest of the band influence.

Zep etc etc. yeah OK for their day but in this day and age compared to newer music? Its like a morris minor on the autobahn, nice to look at and reminisce but simply not good enough to compete.
There is much , much , much better music out there than these outdated ,faded and mostly pretentious has beens.

Just my view. :LOL:
Good, keep it to yourself then.
You still haven't answered the question - what bands do you prefer to the proper bands? eg Sabbath, Floyd, Purple, Whitesnake etc

What's the arguement here?
I personally like most of the old stuff like Floyd , Sabbath, Maiden
,Rush and the Stones and so on but I'm perfectly able to appreciate modern bands too, Kasabian, Muse, Pearl Jam, Death in Vegas and so on.
Talent was muted and how to measure or quanitify it but if we look at record sales such as singles then most of these bands don't get that much of a look in, R&B (does that stand for rubbish and boring?) gets probably the biggest amount of airplay on the major and popular radio stations,
And then there are the rarely played stuff , such as thatblokes link, that aren't mainstream enough to make the playlists , in this I would include The Indigo Girls , Julianna Hatfield , Guanno Apes and countless others, good music but because they don't get played much and thus their concerts are smaller does this mean they have less talent?
Oh and I agree about bono , gobshite.

What's the arguement here?
I personally like most of the old stuff like Floyd , Sabbath, Maiden
,Rush and the Stones and so on but I'm perfectly able to appreciate modern bands too, Kasabian, Muse, Pearl Jam, Death in Vegas and so on.
Talent was muted and how to measure or quanitify it but if we look at record sales such as singles then most of these bands don't get that much of a look in, R&B (does that stand for rubbish and boring?) gets probably the biggest amount of airplay on the major and popular radio stations,
And then there are the rarely played stuff , such as thatblokes link, that aren't mainstream enough to make the playlists , in this I would include The Indigo Girls , Julianna Hatfield , Guanno Apes and countless others, good music but because they don't get played much and thus their concerts are smaller does this mean they have less talent?
Oh and I agree about bono , g*****e.

with respect, i read that and i still don't know what you're saying !!!

new band v old bands? singles v airplay..

for me their is just too much dross about !

Pink Floyd? Perhaps in the 60's. Sid went all funny in the head , Waters wanted to ''be'' Pink Floyd and Gilmour only stood in because he had to after he got rid of Waters.
Really floyd went down hill fast after Sid and remained there, The Wall gave them some reprise in its popularity but only because it was a little different in it was also a film.
Sids solo stuff is just a bit too ''I am still Pink Floyd even though I was sacked'' and Waters solo stuff was much better without the rest of the band influence.

Zep etc etc. yeah OK for their day but in this day and age compared to newer music? Its like a morris minor on the autobahn, nice to look at and reminisce but simply not good enough to compete.
There is much , much , much better music out there than these outdated ,faded and mostly pretentious has beens.

Just my view. :LOL:
Good, keep it to yourself then.
You still haven't answered the question - what bands do you prefer to the proper bands? eg Sabbath, Floyd, Purple, Whitesnake etc

I never said i didnt like them , i'm a big fan of floyd and zep and others, i like a lot of different types of music and have many favourites. Define ''proper bands'' please?

queen are a ******* s***te and slightly uprated pop band the same as that irish shower.

I'd have to disagree. Isn't the term pop derived from "popular" therefore the most popular could be argued to be the best.

Wasn't it you who posted the utubes links to the devils genre of music a couple of years ago in a "favourite music" thread?
The dead kennedies rings a bell. :idea: Am I right?
Anyways it was a right racket from what I can remember.

queen are a ******* s***te and slightly uprated pop band the same as that irish shower.

I'd have to disagree. Isn't the term pop derived from "popular" therefore the most popular could be argued to be the best.

Wasn't it you who posted the utubes links to the devils genre of music a couple of years ago in a "favourite music" thread?
The dead kennedies rings a bell. :idea: Am I right?
Anyways it was a right racket from what I can remember.

most likely but i have a very broad appreciation of music. i simply dislike bands that routinely court favour with audiences by pretending they are something they are not.

my "favourites" are unlikely to be understood on a forum like this but i do like a fair amount of "mainstream" stuff. just not queen.

link to the thread in question as i can't be bothered to search and it would be interesting to see what i was enjoying that particular week. :D

the term popular will often be determined by how much a publicist is willing to spend on one particular artist, to be popular does not mean the best, merely the best publicised.

merely the best publicised

Real talent never needs publicity though and any publicity spent on the music (if you could call it that) in those links would be a complete waste. ;)

merely the best publicised

Real talent never needs publicity though and any publicity spent on the music (if you could call it that) in those links would be a complete waste. ;)

I hate to **** on your strawberry's but real talent needs publicity just as unreal talent does.

Sponsored Links
Back