U2

no no no... the post is about the "best band in the world"..... someone mention Pink F... others challenged that. You suggested PF and Zep were good in their time? well the question to you is.... which bands are today than the older bands?

Sorry fella I dont understand the question? You mean which bands are better today?
How can you compare? I could give you a few bands that I would rather listen to , show you a few that sold more records, filled bigger concerts, made more money?

Sponsored Links

no no no... the post is about the "best band in the world"..... someone mention Pink F... others challenged that. You suggested PF and Zep were good in their time? well the question to you is.... which bands are today than the older bands?

Sorry fella I dont understand the question? You mean which bands are better today?
How can you compare? I could give you a few bands that I would rather listen to , show you a few that sold more records, filled bigger concerts, made more money?

Give us your list then?

actually in the context of Britains best band..... Maiden would be up there...

Iron Maiden may well be "Up there."

But Queen, will remain tops of the UK's best band for many years to come. It's many years since Freddie shuffled off his mortal coil, but Queen are still the best remembered and probably favourite UK band of all time (to present date) Innovative and not afraid to use differing musical styles in one song, or even go for an old style song,,, their music will live on for years on Radio 2. ;) ;)

PS whilst I mention Radio 2 ,,, has anyone noticed that Ken Bruce is the only DJ on radio to play Layla (by Derek and the Dominoes) the whole way through?

with respect JJ you seem to be making the usual mistake in this kind of debate... that fact you 'like' one of the bands !!! Queen were good, but niche.. Maiden are metal across the board, and have as many albums, but have been around longer (admittedly due to reddie's demise).

It's difficult to measure..

What about Dream Theatre or Rush?

Best or Biggest band associated with U2? Maybe in the '80's? The BBC condones them because they are eco friendly, !

Micky,,, I don't think there's much "Eco Friendly." about any band knocking out songs at any venue at a volume in excess of thousands of watts.
This year at Glastonbury , there are over 650000 watts of amplification systems covering all stages. How much power do you think this uses?

Not exactly anything as an Eco Friendly group/band etc,,, is there????

Sponsored Links
Martian, you say that Queen were "Niche",,,, What 's more "Niche" than playing the same style of music? EG Heavy Metal ? At least Queen encompassed almost all styles of music, and probably had the greatest frontman any band could wish for.

PS just for you,,, Queen are not my favourite band or group. .. My absolute favourite band from the 70's has to be Wishbone Ash, who sadly never made it commercially, the way that other groups did. But who's legacy of using "Twin Lead "guitars, lives on today in lots of groups/bands.

Best or Biggest band associated with U2? Maybe in the '80's? The BBC condones them because they are eco friendly, !

Micky,,, I don't think there's much "Eco Friendly." about any band knocking out songs at any venue at a volume in excess of thousands of watts.
This year at Glastonbury , there are over 650000 watts of amplification systems covering all stages. How much power do you think this uses?

Not exactly anything as an Eco Friendly group/band etc,,, is there????

The irony didn't translate then?

jaysus chaps what about Bruce and the E street band

(god rest Clarence Clemons & Danny Federici)

best live band ever with THREE lead guitarist and a drummer who can do your tax returns :)

queen are a ******* ****e and slightly uprated pop band the same as that irish shower.

If you've heard one iron maiden track you've heard them all, they need some guitar players.

Bono head right up his own ar5e tells us we need to give money to the poor and save the planet etc but hides his money in tax havens and pays for a separate airplane seat to put his hat on

U2 may have had a few catchy numbers in the 80s. If you want real quality though, you have to be talking about The Eagles.

Ok, naybe we should try to come up with winners in different categories....

So instead of 'best' band - which typically means your 'favourite' band.... we need some measures.... so best selling band? Most influential band?
Most popularly supported band?

Sponsored Links
Back