UFH and CH S plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've managed to get 2 zone valves plumbed in, one for my CH, one for my UFH. Now on to wiring.

I am using a Worcester Bosch 35cdi combi. Wiring diagram attached.

I have also drawn what I think is the right wiring plan, but would like a little look over help please, anything a miss?

I've excluded a timer as there's no need for it in this case (I think - combi HW), the salus stats themselves have timer setups for CH/UFH

Also wondering what the 2 wires are out of the UFH control centre for the "boiler" on, as the worcester only seems to want 1 wire to tell it to switch on according to its diagram....

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231228_215145_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20231228_215145_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20231228_233750_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20231228_233750_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20231228_233056.jpg
    IMG_20231228_233056.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 78
Sponsored Links
I can't take in the sheer wonder of your diagram!

But I can see that both zone valves are wired to the permanent live. So they will both be always open, whatever happens.

Try to draw something based on that second diagram. Hopefully then you or someone else will be able to understand it!

I can't take in the sheer wonder of your diagram!

But I can see that both zone valves are wired to the permanent live. So they will both be always open, whatever happens.

Try to draw something based on that second diagram. Hopefully then you or someone else will be able to understand it!
Thanks I can already see where I made error with the 'brown' live, it should be connected to what comes out of my ufh controller, and the grey wire should be connected to permanent live 240 volts on the valve.
Also wondering what the 2 wires are out of the UFH control centre for the "boiler" on, as the worcester only seems to want 1 wire to tell it to switch on according to its diagram....
Any idea on this though?

Thanks I can already see where I made error with the 'brown' live, it should be connected to what comes out of my ufh controller, and the grey wire should be connected to permanent live 240 volts on the valve.

Any idea on this though?
your first diagram is correct but the colours are dubious, all grey wires on all zone valves are conncted together with a permanent live, all the orange wires are connected together and go to LR on the boiler, the thermostats switch the brown wires on corrosponding zone valves, it is the valves that control the boiler, as a side note you will regret buying Salus , they are dire

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
The part labelled permanent live with the permanent neutral and earth - do they not go to boiler in? Or is it a supply from the boiler?

your first diagram is correct but the colours are dubious, all grey wires on all zone valves are conncted together with a permanent live, all the orange wires are connected together and go to LR on the boiler, the thermostats switch the brown wires on corrosponding zone valves, it is the valves that control the boiler, as a side note you will regret buying Salus , they are dire
What other brand would you recommend? I haven't yet bought the CH heating thermostat/controller

What other brand would you recommend? I haven't yet bought the CH heating thermostat/controller
What do you want the controllers to do ? do you want to use your smart phone or tablet to control the heating zones or just use the thermostats

What do you want the controllers to do ? do you want to use your smart phone or tablet to control the heating zones or just use the thermostats
Smart phone when out and about if possible. I do however have the salus controller and thermostats for UFH, so a bit stuck with those. What's so dire about them?

Smart phone when out and about if possible. I do however have the salus controller and thermostats for UFH, so a bit stuck with those. What's so dire about them?
They lose contact for fun, very unreliable, if you already have them for your UFH just leave them until they fail, I would use single channel Hives for the other zones, obviously you will need 2 apps to control everything, for the hive zones you will need a thermostat and receiver for each zone but they can share 1 hub

Thanks. I noticed you already have a clip in programmer of some sort. Will you keep that?

View attachment 326940
Don't need to keep it if it simplifies things. Happy for stats to control everything, if a programmer isn't needed... (Guess it's only needed for CH?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back