UFH and CH S plan

Cant see any ratings for the boiler switch though it does say according to the boiler manual, so that would suggest that if the boiler uses a mains SL then the switch could use that, I'd probably call Salus just to check

Sponsored Links
Yep that's the one

Cant see any ratings for the boiler switch though it does say according to the boiler manual, so that would suggest that if the boiler uses a mains SL then the switch could use that, I'd probably call Salus just to check
So in that case. The orange SL from pump can go direct to boiler in the Lr position to activate it once the chain is formed from thermostat calling?

Sponsored Links
So in that case. The orange SL from pump can go direct to boiler in the Lr position to activate it once the chain is formed from thermostat calling?
Yes, the chain is - perm power to grey on valves - switched power from either UFH or CH to valves brown live wire - valve opens & activates microswitch - that switched live heads out on the orange wire to the Lr on the boiler - just run both orange wires from valve to the wiring centre, then just one wire from wiring centre to the Lr on the boiler.

Ok thanks. Realised now I keep confusing wiring centre with ufh control centre. Will draw again tonight and see if I make sense of it

On the last question, I'm confident enough... (Will make sure I'm comfortable on paper before getting to actual wiring) ...

And no money left to pay anyone to do this ha

Thank!

Ok thanks. Realised now I keep confusing wiring centre with ufh control centre. Will draw again tonight and see if I make sense of it

On the last question, I'm confident enough... (Will make sure I'm comfortable on paper before getting to actual wiring) ...

And no money left to pay anyone to do this ha

Thank!
Just make sure you are confident and competent to use a circuit tester and make sure everything is checked and double checked before it all gets connected and/or switched on

Reactions: CBW
They lose contact for fun, very unreliable, if you already have them for your UFH just leave them until they fail, I would use single channel Hives for the other zones, obviously you will need 2 apps to control everything, for the hive zones you will need a thermostat and receiver for each zone but they can share 1 hub
What would you use instead for the UFH zones (if/when these fail). I expect I can't use single channel hives for each of those 5 ufh zones?

What would you use instead for the UFH zones (if/when these fail). I expect I can't use single channel hives for each of those 5 ufh zones?
Do you know if the existing thermostats have air sensors or NTCs inserted into the UFH ?

Hive can have up to 6 zones (plus 1x HW, when needed) in a dwelling I read... https://community.hivehome.com/s/ar...-Heating-if-I-have-a-Multizone-heating-system

As I read things you have 2 zones CH and UFH with 5 zones so Hive should work for you with an additional 4 Hives and a bit of rewiring (making the current UFH hive control a UFH zone input and the UFH wiring centre control the zone valve, pump and boiler).

Alternatively you'd likely replace the UFH wiring control with a wireless version and the Salus wireless room stats connecting to it. https://saluscontrols.com/gb/product/kl08rf-wireless-wiring-centre-for-8-zone/ No doubt quite expensive to do, as it is with the Drayton Wiser and Honeywell Evohome equivalent systems?

What model is the salus rad stat that you currently have?
No salus rad stat currently. Only have the salus wiring centre and sq610 for the UFH zones (wired)

Might go hive or Tado now for the CH...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back