UFH and CH S plan

No salus rad stat currently. Only have the salus wiring centre and sq610 for the UFH zones (wired)

Might go hive or Tado now for the CH...
Oh right, in your diagram you have written a salus RF rad stat and control module (receiver)

Sponsored Links
Oh right, in your diagram you have written a salus RF rad stat and control module (receiver)
Yeah that was my initial thought to get it all in the same brand, and getting the salus hub would mean UFH and CH become app/internet controllable. But above posts made me think a different route ..

Hive can have up to 6 zones (plus 1x HW, when needed) in a dwelling I read... https://community.hivehome.com/s/ar...-Heating-if-I-have-a-Multizone-heating-system

As I read things you have 2 zones CH and UFH with 5 zones so Hive should work for you with an additional 4 Hives and a bit of rewiring (making the current UFH hive control a UFH zone input and the UFH wiring centre control the zone valve, pump and boiler).

Alternatively you'd likely replace the UFH wiring control with a wireless version and the Salus wireless room stats connecting to it. https://saluscontrols.com/gb/product/kl08rf-wireless-wiring-centre-for-8-zone/ No doubt quite expensive to do, as it is with the Drayton Wiser and Honeywell Evohome equivalent systems?
It seems the wired salus setup i have van connect to thw salus hub and an online app. So probably no need to replace that with wireless stats and centre. (Anyone know if I'm wrong about this?)

If (in the future) I went hive for each UFH zone. It makes sense, if I went hive wired. I could just replace the salus stats and they would control the control centre.
If I went hive wireless, I guess the reciever box would then be wired into the stat input on the control centre.

All makes sense though! Something to consider for the future

The wired Salus SQ610 is wifi ready and is compatible with Salus Universal Gateway, so can be controlled via the Salus app either internally or externally if connected to the internet

The wired Hive is a 2 wired battery unit, not like your 610's which are mains powered, so batteries would need changed at times. The wireless Hive's are also battery and would need a receiver for each zone at the control centre and they would all need power, that would get quite busy around the control centre.

Sponsored Links
The wired Salus SQ610 is wifi ready and is compatible with Salus Universal Gateway, so can be controlled via the Salus app either internally or externally if connected to the internet

The wired Hive is a 2 wired battery unit, not like your 610's which are mains powered, so batteries would need changed at times. The wireless Hive's are also battery and would need a receiver for each zone at the control centre and they would all need power, that would get quite busy around the control centre.
So in theory the wired hive could replace the salus', but would need batteries to be changed often as the only con.

Agree wireless would be very busy!

So in theory the wired hive could replace the salus', but would need batteries to be changed often as the only con.
Yes, they would need the batteries changed, how often depends on how often it is used really, they can last quite a while. Cant say I've every seen any places that sell the wired version and whether they come with a hub or not.

Got this all working now and have a few final questions.

Balancing out the CH this weekend.

I have salus auto balancing valves for the UFH, so can't see a need to balance the UFH itself.

But... Do I need to balance the UFH against the CH in some way to make sure their flows are "equal and even; and if yes, how? "

Thanks

Anyone? Going to get to look at this in the morning..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back