UFH and CH S plan

Any idea on this though?

Would it be wired like the pump output? With 3 going to 230V and 4 going to the UFH zone valve? Just an amateur suggestion. Needs checking.

Sponsored Links
In your 'pencilled' diagram, it seems you already have a salus programmable room stat for the CH and I presume programmable room stats for each UFH zone? or are they just stats and not programmable?

Start with a clean sheet. Define what you're trying to do, ignoring everything that's already there.

Is the Salus thing in addition to the programmer in the boiler or instead of?

Are you looking for complete control of everything separately via one app or controller?

In your 'pencilled' diagram, it seems you already have a salus programmable room stat for the CH and I presume programmable room stats for each UFH zone? or are they just stats and not programmable?
So I have

1. Ufh wiring centre, salus
2. Ufh wired sq610 stats for each room, salus - they seem to be programmable

I was intending to get for the CH (because I could make it all salus and online controllable): and remove the current timer built into the boiler - but I am open to alternatives for the below if I then need to have two different apps it's fine:

1. Salus stat sq610rf - again seems programmable
2. Salus rx10fr
3. Ug600 gateway

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Pasting Madlabs post from other thread:

You wiring is wrong, you don't send perm lives to the 2 ports otherwise they would just stay open all the time.

You don't need to use the boiler output at all either, unless it's being used to power a central wiring centre. The permanent power normally goes to the boiler from the fused connection unit, that would also normally power the wiring centre (the power out from the boiler can do that if needed but that depends on where everything is located)
Permanent lives would be sent from the wiring centre to the grey wires of both 2 ports. When the room stat calls for CH then it's receiver sends a Switched Live (SL) (from the wiring centre) out to the CH 2 port's Live - brown, the motor activates and the valve opens. That hits a microswitch that then sends the perm live on the grey over to the Switched live out - orange. That SL then connects to the boiler (Lr) (via the wiring centre) and turns the boiler on.
With the UFH then an UFH stat would call for heat, the control centre would switch a live in to the boiler switch (from the wiring centre) out to the UFH 2 port live - brown - that 2 port then opens and the microswitch then send the live in - grey - over to the live out - orange and as the same as before, turns the boiler on. The pump switch works the same way as the boiler switch, it would need a live in (from the wiring centre) and then sends a live out that turns on the manifold pump at the same time.

@Madrab , ths attached shows 2 boiler wires on the far right. Do I need to use only one of them as the live out from Ufh control centre to the valve?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231228_233750_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20231228_233750_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 23
They lose contact for fun, very unreliable, if you already have them for your UFH just leave them until they fail, I would use single channel Hives for the other zones, obviously you will need 2 apps to control everything, for the hive zones you will need a thermostat and receiver for each zone but they can share 1 hub
Is hive programmable? I.e timer option built in

Do I need to use only one of them as the live out from Ufh control centre to the valve
I need to check if that's a volt free switch, if it is then the boiler switch on the UFH controller will need a perm live in, so when it switches it sends that live out (Switched Live) to the UFH 2 port Live (Brown)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It's a Salus KL08NSB controller? If so then both the boiler and the pump switches are volt free (com/no) Both should be able to take 230V

I need to check if that's a volt free switch, if it is then the boiler switch on the UFH controller will need a perm live in, so when it switches it sends that live out (Switched Live) to the UFH 2 port Live (Brown)
Seems Volto free.

How would the two wires work from it?

One wire in is perm live, then one wire out is that live out so to speak?

It's a Salus KL08NSB controller? If so then both the boiler and the pump switches are volt free (com/no)
Yep that's the one. So should I send a perm live into one of the holes too? And use one wire out to the valve/pump?

Yep that's the one. So should I send a perm live into one of the holes too? And use one wire out to the valve/pump?
Yes, follow the manuals wiring advise, the live in would run in through the com and the live out (SL) would be from the NO to the live on the 2 port to energise the valve. The pumps mentions 240V but the boiler doesn't so I need to see if there is a rating somewhere for the boiler switch.

Please don't think I'm being patronising but you do sound like you're not at all not sure, if not then I would maybe get someone in to sort that out, if you get it wrong you'll fry lots of things and yourself as it's mains power and then you'll be in an even worse position.

Reactions: CBW
As an alternative, could you just take two feeds off the pump output? One to the pump and one to the zone valve.

EDIT: Madrab has pointed out that this won't work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back