UFH querie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just visiting from the Combustion Chamber Forum - I have been at a heating install & one of the floors has underfloor electric matting under tiles. The room has a 'proper' set back room stat and reaches temp quickly - but the floor gets much much to hot.
What or how is the temp of the floor controlled? should there be a stat of some kind?
One corner had some kids play mats on it ( those foam jig saw puzzle things) and the tiles were so hot underneath u could not keep your hand on it for long?
Is the max floor temp the same for elec as water floors ( I assume so)
It was a room with a 3.4 Kw (radiator) loss?

Sponsored Links
The heat mat should have been wired into a thermostat
with floor temperature limitation.
Have you info on the manufacturer/model type.

What or how is the temp of the floor controlled? should there be a stat of some kind?
Yes, there is (or should be) a probe in the floor which leads to a stat.

One corner had some kids play mats on it ( those foam jig saw puzzle things) and the tiles were so hot underneath u could not keep your hand on it for long?
The mats should not be installed under solid furniture nor obviously covered by insulating material but people are ...

Is the max floor temp the same for elec as water floors ( I assume so)
28°C

will forward the stat type in a bit. Is the floor sensing stat a replaceable type ntc that is mounted somehow on / in the floor? or will it be cemented ito the slab somehow?

Sponsored Links
There are at least two types of heating mat. One type has simple resistance wires the other uses a chemical the latter the chemical changes in resistance according to heat so it will auto compensate to some extent for items placed on it. This is type normally selected for a living room. The simple wire type is more suitable for wet rooms and should not have any items placed on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back