UK inflation 80% caused by brexit

One interesting thing came out via a question put to Boris. He had been mentioned the rapid recovery rate. Already well covered - higher because we sank lower and not to pre covid levels, worse than other's anyway when this claim was made. Now from the question is seems to 2 areas have got back to that. NI and London. As NI is mentioned you can guess what the question was about.

So just how much of a problem is this so called boarder in the sea?

It will probably cause more problems later on - changes to food standards and I wonder what else. Lack of it even more. Silly poly's use it's existence for other reasons. To egg their followers on.

Boris also mentioned bannanas. Whoopee we are out of the EU. In some ways it a red herring as usual. The EU did apply a tariff, 0 to 70 euro per tonne. Initially. It's reduced but I can't be bothered to look. In part to preferentially favour countries that need the money. Bit like fairtrade chocolate maybe. This upsets some countries. :) LOL you can read about it if you want.

I suppose clutching at bannanas is better than straws.

Sponsored Links
I suppose clutching at bannanas is better than straws.
Not really. Bananas are more slippery than straws.

At voting time
1) I liked the idea of being freer of EU laws, restrictions etc
2) I thought it would be a right PITA
3) I thought it would make us in the UK poorer
4) though eventually we just might, maybe, be better off.

Only 2) and 3), so far.

Not really. Bananas are more slippery than straws.
:) Only the skin when it's taken off.

Got a laugh from his Tory audience anyway - and off him. Suggests what they really feel about it.

He looked rather thoughtful at one point too. The came out with we must understand the reasons for problems in order to fix them. I suspect he had listened to a labour advisor on C4 interviewed along with one of his. Maybe his advisor phoned him and said he had forgotten that aspect.

One of the problems I have noticed over time is Tory tally-ho charges in all sorts of directions and in different areas. This indicates totally ignoring the basic reasons. Get brexit done is an example. It started with MrsT. Maybe they will fall of their horses and break their necks one day.

I wonder - the next election results in a mess of 4 parties including libs and greens all trying to egg their supporters on?

One of my neighbours just got back from 10 days in his lil hut in the south of France. Says fuel (petrol) was a few pennies dearer than here, 2.2 n a bit Euros per litre. I guess this was Brexit too?

Sponsored Links
One of my neighbours just got back from 10 days in his lil hut in the south of France. Says fuel (petrol) was a few pennies dearer than here, 2.2 n a bit Euros per litre. I guess this was Brexit too?
They might not be buying diesel from |Russia like we are.

They might not be buying diesel from |Russia like we are.

Doesn't matter where they buy it from the market dictates the price. As far as I can see France is quite low on Russian imports, similar levels to UK.

Doesn't matter where they buy it from the market dictates the price. As far as I can see France is quite low on Russian imports, similar levels to UK.
My thought too really. They have been very nuke with electricity but not sure if they have decommissioned any. Sweden was too but has got rid of lots. Maybe all. Germany pass but have seen comments that they cut back in some way. Policy or removing - don't know. I'd suspect Italy is using gas - mentioned being a higher % than germany.. Fuel - don't know.

Reminds me of an interview with some original Green Peace people. Apologising for campaigning against nuke due to the amount of coal burnt as a result. Throw in gas too. This was rather more than a few years ago.

Boris mentioned 1/2 diesel coming from Russia. France may be processing more of their own - don't know. I have heard that our processing of it was at full capacity years ago. Around the time diesel started getting more expensive than petrol or close to the same price.

I am not sure if anyone mentioned mentioned brexit as a reason for fuel / gas price rise. If you believe fuel prices are due to Brexit, the short answer is No. None of the EU nations have vast reserves of gas or crude oil. So most of the EU are / were dependent on middle east and Russia for their oil and cooking gas needs. And so Brixit won't have any effect on oil prices.

But a large part of inflation is due to Brexit. Inflation was already on its way in the UK well before covid and ukraine wars.
If someone believe all that this government is telling us, especially most of the things that Bo Jo and his team tells are all are lie's or half baked truths. Tories are cheap rants. Can any one of us/normal man do what Bo Jo and tories are doing ??

If the deal i signed earlier doesn't work, i will change the deal. Doesn't matter what the other party who signed up for it things. BUT BO JO and Tories can do it.
If a law is blocking us from doing something, then break them or ignore them or don't care about them. BUT BO JO and Tories can do it.
If you or me do it, then the law enforcement will chase us.

As the famous saying tells us - "The people deserve what they voted for"

Last edited:
I am not sure if anyone mentioned mentioned brexit as a reason for fuel / gas price rise.
It's crazy and even futile to even think it has anything to do with it. Oh dear all countries are experiencing the same as us in some areas. Hardly surprising. France may have an energy in general advantage - it's called nuclear power stations that don't give two hoots about gas or oil problems ONCE THEY ARE BUILT.

:ROFLMAO: Now UK leaving the EU has forced up French fuel prices.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In an interview earlier, the budget airline Rynair CEO said the bedlam is “completely to do with Brexit,” and that the Government "couldn't run a sweet shop." He added that “an awful lot of these pinch points would be resolved very quickly if we could bring in European workers to do the jobs that frankly people in the UK are not applying for and don’t want to do".

In an interview earlier, the budget airline Rynair CEO said the bedlam is “completely to do with Brexit,” and that the Government "couldn't run a sweet shop." He added that “an awful lot of these pinch points would be resolved very quickly if we could bring in European workers to do the jobs that frankly people in the UK are not applying for and don’t want to do".

I always thought O'Leary was a loud mouthed dick. However, on this occasion he seems to be on the money.

I always thought O'Leary was a loud mouthed dick. However, on this occasion he seems to be on the money.
O'Leary is a so-called "EU" loving troll, and a repugnant and fundamentally bad person. All right-minded people would support the destruction of the so-called "EU" and like-minded globalist bodies.

Sponsored Links
Back