UK inflation 80% caused by brexit

Anti-jabbers and their nonsense, Lol. You probably think it is reasonable to interpret the earth as being flat. You should be grateful to us brave vaxxed ones that allowed you cowards to have your freedoms swiftly back.

i stuck up for you today..."

"Someone said you weren't fit to sleep with pigs and i said you were."

Sponsored Links
Don't worry Boris had advisors in today. One was an older bloke he used when mayor of london. Curiously he was against brexit due to harmful effects which he freely admitted had happened. He then added the opportunity aspects but absolutely zero in terms of achieving them. Much like Boris really. The other bloke mentioned that in real terms the UK has been declining for a long time. Countered by "what we have seen growth of 2.5%" which I believe is true but not exactly staggering is it. In fact with inflation levels it's rather hard to see it as being good. The other bloke countered that the real problem is identifying the causes. He came up with one interesting aspect concerning the UK banking sector - perfectly happy with property but little else. That is effectively funding ever increasing property prices and he doesn't mean just houses.

Older bloke mentions sound monetary policy which means an increase in the BofE rate. Bit problematic as it can't control much of the inflation we are seeing. Low rates feed into property making it even worse. Rings a bell as the property area was one of the reasons for Japan's collapse. There also seems to be a view that a 2% base rate is desirable now. Any economy should be able to support it - or it is said. Will we get there?

The other area that cropped up is public sector debt, 98% of GDP. There are various arguments about how rapidly this should be reduced. It started increasing rather quickly following the banking crisis. Got to ~88% and then covid pushed it up after a rather slight fall, The USA is running at ~120%.

Business investment more or less flat lined after Brexit. Something I haven't checked. It wouldn't surprise me if huger outfits have put more in but that only effects a few sectors and needn't mean more jobs. It often means less. The banks are also more likely to view businesses of this nature more favourably.

Brexit cost the UK billions in lost trade and tax revenues, research finds​

Centre for European Reform figures show that by the end of last year, the economy was 5% - or £31 billion - smaller than it would have been if the UK had stayed in the EU.

brexit red tape:

Ian Perkes is on the hunt for monkfish, scallops, turbot and cuttlefish to send to his customers, most of whom are based in the European Union.Nowadays, to export fish to the EU you need to fill in forms. Ian calculates that the requirement to complete customs declarations, export health certificates and VAT declarations are costing his business £300 a day

Sponsored Links
poor brexers, they are struggling to come to terms with the fact they were conned

theyve been going through the grief cycle

FU3qn7qWIAYTm69

Would have been, shmould have been. Just a guess by a remainer.Yawn.
backed up by the evidence:

UK to see slowest growth of developed countries, says OECD​

why is that eh Mottie?
is it because of pandemic -oh wait why are all the other countries doing better

backed up by the evidence
Backed up by the evidence? Evidence is what you have AFTER something has happened. Fact. Until then, it’s just a story about a 'prediction'. I thought you dealt in facts? Obviously not, when it suits you.

Last edited:

Brexit cost the UK billions in lost trade and tax revenues, research finds​

Centre for European Reform figures show that by the end of last year, the economy was 5% - or £31 billion - smaller than it would have been if the UK had stayed in the EU.

brexit red tape:

Ian Perkes is on the hunt for monkfish, scallops, turbot and cuttlefish to send to his customers, most of whom are based in the European Union.Nowadays, to export fish to the EU you need to fill in forms. Ian calculates that the requirement to complete customs declarations, export health certificates and VAT declarations are costing his business £300 a day

Yes, this was on the ITV News At Ten last night. First time I've seen MSM really blaming Brexit for many of our economic woes. This is an unusual outbreak of honesty. They seemed to be colluding to try and cover up the mess before, blaming the problems on other causes. Same with the chaos on roads in Kent. Maybe Doris is losing support from a compliant media?

Backed up by the evidence? Evidence is what you have AFTER something has happened. Fact. Until then, it’s just a story about a 'prediction'. I thought you dealt in facts? Obviously not, when it suits you.
Evidence can include studies into the economics of a country, and the impact of a change. In the case of Brexit, there are about 12 to 13 studies into this before the referendum, and only one came out positive, and assumed manufacturing would be largely wipe out in the UK, and we would become a tax haven.

These are considered evidence, as they are carried out by experts in their field, and not just guess work. Many looked into the future to varying degrees, up to 15 years. You may think that you can't predict that far ahead for such things, but its like the difference between climate and weather. Bascially, it was predicted that we would be worse off due to Brexit. This doesn't mean we won't see growth, but we will see less growth than we would have seen.

Many people know they’ll be financially worse off after a divorce. They still do it though because not everything is about money.

Many people know they’ll be financially worse off after a divorce. They still do it though because not everything is about money.
The UK like any country is founded on its financial health. UK emotion is not really a consideration for those businesses suffering from the Brexit catastrophuck.
Another irrelevant Mottie analogy.

UK is economy is behind the G7 has been since 2016

reason brexit

That’s true

I forgot about the blue passports and the happy fish

Sponsored Links
Back