Uk Tax residency Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
As far as I am aware, it's six months for residency.
The test allows you to work out your residence status for a tax year.
If you’ve been in the UK for 183 or more days you’ll be a UK resident. There is no need to consider any other tests.
But it is complex.

Last edited:
Dangee said:
If an English national working in Singapore works for more than 7 days in the Uk, they then become liable for paying that entire years tax to the UK. That’s why.

I still can't find this @Dangee - it would be great if you can confirm it.

Sponsored Links
are-you-a-uk-tax-resident-PCS-BDO.PNG.aspx

Can anybody see @Dangee "seven days?"
The rules were far simpler up to a year or so ago.
Now, a Dyson employee, who is a full time worker in Singapore (or anywhere else) can work for up to 31 days in UK, and spend up to 91 days in UK, and not pay tax in UK.

Theoretically, in the first three years that I left I could only spend up to 16 days in UK on holiday, and I couldn't work, except those weren't the rules then.
Now I can only spend up to 46 days holiday in UK, otherwise, theoretically I become liable for UK tax.

@Lower - you quoted @Dangee so I assume you must know he was right or just assumed?
I assumed. I know that there are major tax implications which is what the text messages were about but i don't know the specifics.

If you're doing a search, the key point is what the rules were a year ago, not now.

I assumed. I know that there are major tax implications which is what the text messages were about but i don't know the specifics.

If you're doing a search, the key point is what the rules were a year ago, not now.

The link I posted was updated 22 January 2020.

How many rules/regulations have changed (often repeatedly without scrutiny) in the last year?

Countless!

And when do they now apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back