Ukip question

Have any of you UKIP supporters actually read their manifesto and understood what they stand for? I don't particularly like Farage but he's done extremely well attracting all these supporters of the back of one single policy. Problem is, aside from that policy the party has little else to show and once put under proper scrutiny their whole manifesto collapses.

Sponsored Links
...neither can the Boy Scouts now they let girls in!

Sorry. Off-topic, I know, but it's interesting that there are girls who wish to join the Scouts, yet no boys seem to want to join the Guides or the Brownies. I wonder why!

Have any of you UKIP supporters actually read their manifesto and understood what they stand for? I don't particularly like Farage but he's done extremely well attracting all these supporters of the back of one single policy. Problem is, aside from that policy the party has little else to show and once put under proper scrutiny their whole manifesto collapses.

But shouldn't that tell all the other parties that the one issue that UKIP gain supporters on is SO important to those people, that they're willing to ignore every other aspect of their lives and the way the country is run in order to get action on that issue?

And that maybe the other parties should consider doing something about it?

Sponsored Links

What difference does a manifesto make now?

Blair killed that democratic privilege as soon as he took power.
No party since Blair got in has ever adhered to a manifesto let alone spelt one out.

The truth is that once in power they find their hands tied by EU beurocratic rules and the Human rights laws.

We were given a big hint that the tories would offer a referendum on europe but now that has been strung up as another carrot to get them elected NEXT time...??? What happened to the promise for this term.

Manifestos used to be a readable document but Blair shrunk manifstos down to audible soundbites like 'EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION'

Politicians know they need votes from the biggest footprint of voters which is the man in the street. Hence the dumbing down of politics to a level our least intelligent voters can understand.

If people voting UKIP shake up the complacency of the two timeserving parties (and one timewasting one) then its happy days as far as I'm concerned.

You never know UKIP might well be the party we actually need right now.
They certainly can't do any worse and if all they do is bring Britian back to the days of Rugger and tea and scones instead of Radical Islam , uncaring nurses and deskbound coppers then that will do me.

If you understand how the system works, you will understand it doesn't matter how daft a lot of their policies are.

Changing any part of the system takes a LOT of effort, it's a slog where the opposition, the civil service, and sometimes the media will fight you.

Just look at the conservatives, in office for 2 years now, and they have managed to change very little (if you look closely at a lot of their changes they are still in planning, have been watered down, and those that have been implemented are really only the small changes).

Even if UKIP get a majority, they would have a fight on their hands actually pulling out of the EU.

But it's a fight they won't be able to back down from, as doing so would make them extinct.

They will simply not have the will and ability to push through a lot of their more silly policies, you also assume that every MP for a party votes the way of it's party.

Sorry Soey you have failed to draw me in with this remark. . You're dismissal of my intellect is actually very gratifying as it shows I am heading in the right direction.

It was more of a skit based on your username actually.
MDF....plank....get it. :rolleyes: :LOL:

BTW i looked at those pics of the stuff you sell. Do people actually buy that stuff? Not being funny but most of it you could knock up yourself in half an hour. Good luck to yer for selling it, but it amazes me how utterly useless some people are.

...neither can the Boy Scouts now they let girls in!

Sorry. Off-topic, I know, but it's interesting that there are girls who wish to join the Scouts, yet no boys seem to want to join the Guides or the Brownies. I wonder why!

Because they can't. GG is girls only.

Sexual discrimination! Actually, I'm surprised that Stonewall aren't up in arms about it!

What difference does a manifesto make now?

Blair killed that democratic privilege as soon as he took power.
No party since Blair got in has ever adhered to a manifesto let alone spelt one out.

The truth is that once in power they find their hands tied by EU beurocratic rules and the Human rights laws.

We were given a big hint that the tories would offer a referendum on europe but now that has been strung up as another carrot to get them elected NEXT time...??? What happened to the promise for this term.

Manifestos used to be a readable document but Blair shrunk manifstos down to audible soundbites like 'EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION'

Politicians know they need votes from the biggest footprint of voters which is the man in the street. Hence the dumbing down of politics to a level our least intelligent voters can understand.

If people voting UKIP shake up the complacency of the two timeserving parties (and one timewasting one) then its happy days as far as I'm concerned.

You never know UKIP might well be the party we actually need right now.
They certainly can't do any worse and if all they do is bring Britian back to the days of Rugger and tea and scones instead of Radical Islam , uncaring nurses and deskbound coppers then that will do me.

Very true. I haven't bothered to read any manifesto for years now. They are meaningless because they are invariably broken or ignored once the party is in power.

UKIP is the only party offering to regain our sovereignty. Anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear is aware that public opinion favours them and what they stand for.

Yes (I'm not a party member). There's a lot of sensible stuff in their energy policy for example and I'm very taken by their stance on freedom, liberty and reducing the size and interference of the state in peoples lives. On the whole, it seems a lot more joined up and coherent than the tired old BS we get from the traditional parties.

Sorry Soey you have failed to draw me in with this remark. . You're dismissal of my intellect is actually very gratifying as it shows I am heading in the right direction.

It was more of a skit based on your username actually.
MDF....plank....get it. :rolleyes: :LOL:

BTW i looked at those pics of the stuff you sell. Do people actually buy that stuff? Not being funny but most of it you could knock up yourself in half an hour. Good luck to yer for selling it, but it amazes me how utterly useless some people are.

For sure people are becoming less able theses days. I doubt my eldest son all university qualified etc could even fold a napkin. The demographic of my buyers though is retired people mostly female so they aren't likely to be lugging planks around and wielding a saw.

One would have to be blind not to know that ukip are popular on this site, but I have a question.
Recently there was a report about infiltrations of the party and old Farage was saying that they haven't got the apperatus to stop undesirables entering the party. Given that independance for the UK is a primary goal and immigration controls does this give any concern to people that they would or wouldn't be able to live up to their promises? If they can't stop people entering their own party then can they be trusted to stop "undesirables" entering the country?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/462014/20130427/ukip-bnp-nigel-farage.htm[/QUOTE]
Of course they can't stop infiltrators, neither can the Boy Scouts now they let girls in! No private organisation can because they don't have access to the apparatus of the state (MI5, MI6, GCHQ, police records etc) and even all this isn't foolproof. This is a totally different question to whether a government can successfully implement their policies. So yes, they can be trusted (as far as any government can be).

well as long as you believe that they can be trusted that's fine.
As you say nothing can be foolproof , although the scouts invited girls in rather than being infiltrated.

Devastation: my borough aren't having an election this year - don't know why, I am sure they have been annually ever other year.

Sorry UKIP, you will have to wait until next year for my vote. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back