Ukraine counter offensive

Another day same old mindset, nothing to discuss here.
If you don't want answers then don't ask the question.

But if you wanted to hear "poor Vlad didn't invade anyone it was someone else", you are going to be disappointed.

Sponsored Links
Can we get rid of the Russian BOT Gant pls mod's
You miss the bit where I think the globalists have some skin in this proxy war and I have no allegiances to Putin or Zalenski.
My take is the war will be over this year. Russia will have crimea where there's a high percentage of Russians. Treaties will be signed and the Ukraine having sold it's soul will be westernized with all that entails.
My opinion, anyone have an opinion how the war ends?

Sponsored Links
It's hard to say. It was expected Ukraine would launch a Spring offensive but now we're into early summer it could end up being another Autumn offensive. Perhaps they've had soggy weather to hinder preparations, but Zelensky's trip to Germany and to London where he again stressed the urgent need for aircraft suggest they're very nervous about making any advances without air support.
A prudent approach, as i see it. Pushing Russian forces back will take a great deal of effort and logistical support, so he has to be absolutely sure they have enough artillery, ammunition and armour to support the fresh troops who require training, especially in the new tanks.
The terrain is suited to defensive action and the Ukrainians cannot afford to lose more men than necessary. Russia has a plentiful supply of cannon fodder to throw into the breach and a High Command who aren't squeamish about losses.

Russia hit Kyiv with a very heavy missile raid last night, apparently using the best and shiniest of their missile stock. Lots of SAM launches to counter it but the effectiveness of the AA will become clear today.

It seems we're seeing Russia's retaliation for the Storm Shadows.

A good account of Russian defences in the south and east of Ukraine @theNewYorkTimes.com - where they've been busy planting mines and sowing Dragon's Teeth in anticipation of the counter-offensive. Multiple lines of defence and support trenches show the Russian High Command is still stuck in the WWII mindset that's plagued them since the start of the conflict.
'Go through or go around'@Forbes.com goes into a bit more detail and quotes retired US Army General, Mark Hertling who points out the German Army simply went around the French Maginot Line in 1940. Where the Russians have built defences hooked across the Dnipro river it may be more complicated but low morale among regular Russian troops, poor food, a lack of communication and a compromised intelligence network could help Ukrainian troops make breakthroughs along the line.
It seems curious to me the Russian Army hasn't learned from their experiences in Afghanistan and, perhaps, their more suited to defensive operations, seeking gaps to exploit should the enemy overextend its forces in one sector, allowing them to 'pinch off' a salient.

Its an artillery duel. so far one the Ukraine is winning. Unfortunately the old stalin doctrine is still in use, quantity has a quality all of its own. Directed close support is not something that the russians do, they blast entire areas then move on according to a central command plan, the ukraine targets troops concentrations and armour directed by those at the sharp end, central command v dispersed western style command.... hence the russians never get enough of the armour concentrations to punch through. Basic art of war stuff, if the enemy wants to bleed why stop them....

You miss the bit where I think the globalists have some skin in this proxy war and I have no allegiances to Putin or Zalenski.
My take is the war will be over this year. Russia will have crimea where there's a high percentage of Russians. Treaties will be signed and the Ukraine having sold it's soul will be westernized with all that entails.
My opinion, anyone have an opinion how the war ends?
It’s not a proxy war

Putin invaded Ukraine to expand his empire.

Russia will have crimea where there's a high percentage of Russians

Russian speaking Ukrainians

I noticed that the Kinzhal missile being declared as shot down by a Patriot isn't as pointy as online pictures of a new one:

Stubby nosed thing: (no the missile, not Klitchko...~)
1684275915217.png

Not much like:

iu

A US guy told Sky that a patriot had "likely been damaged, not destroyed".
Russians said that Ukraine claimed to have shot down 3x as many missiles as were fired..

Shooting down the fast missiles is credible, Patriot apparenty predicts where it will be, and explodes flak in its path.

The last grain ship leaves Ukraine today and unless a new deal can be struck, Russia will block any further shipments.
The DSM Capella has left the port of Chornomorsk carrying 30,000 tonnes of corn and was on its way to Turkey, according to data issued by the United Nations. This may lead to a huge humanitarian crisis in the Horn of Africa where fighting in Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia has brought millions to the brink of starvation. We might complain about the price but for many millions of Africans it means a slow death.
Russia’s UN Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia said that Moscow would only consider extending the Ukraine Black Sea grain export deal beyond May 18 if “systemic problems” linked to Russia’s agricultural exports were not resolved.

Last edited:
Can't stop twisting things can you inferiority complex?
No twisting, you have posted a link to a large number of organisations who say we are not taking climate change seriously and Blackrock, for one, are being dishonest on this.

Do you agree with them that we should take climate change seriously?

Sponsored Links
Back