Ukraine counter offensive

Al Jazeera’s Alex Gatopoulos travelled to four front-line locations in October. This is the last of a mini-series of dispatches from that trip. Read his previous dispatches about life in a subterranean front-line town, the village that lost one-sixth of its population after a Russian air strike and a brigade on the southern front.

A pre-dawn assault@Al Jazeera

AP23297621464310-1698282955.jpg

Sponsored Links
Do you think there is a lot of profit in donations and loans to bankrupt countries?
These are not donations. The return on investment will be the largest in human history.

Last edited:
The west are fighting the Russians on the cheap

Only people dieing are Russians and Ukrainians

No nato troops as such

Apart from deniable
Special forces ;)

Ukrainian women heroes will be winning every day on the internet from now on. I wonder when would ukraine's most precious lgbtqxx battalions be sent up?

Alex Christoforou and Alexander Mercouris who run the Duran are Putin sympathisers

Sponsored Links
These are not donations. The rectum on investment will be the largest in human history.

It’s cheaper to boot out Putin now

Any sympathy for a compatriot? Or is is a case f*k them and feed the ukrainains instead?

Or may be f*k him let’s feed and house the migrants from
France instead ?? ???

And whilst we are at it let’s send 30milion squid to pay for hotels in Pakistan ???

Any sympathy for a compatriot?

I've heard it said that the Tory government thinks of such people as "the undeserving poor"

"They deserve it because it's their own fault."

Benefits for the sick and disabled have been cut back. "Lazy b*stards"

Last edited:
Alex Christoforou and Alexander Mercouris who run the Duran are Putin sympathisers
Going by your dishonest accusations levelled against me, and your defence of racists, I'd guess this accusation is eqaully ill-conceived.

Going by your dishonest accusations levelled against me, and your defence of racists, I'd guess this accusation is eqaully ill-conceived.
They are Putin sympathisers

Go to Russia Today and search their names

Russia has doubled down on a campaign to capture the eastern Ukrainian town of Avdiivka during the 88th week of its war in what appears to be a repeat of its year-long campaign to capture nearby Bakhmut, which fell in May. Ukrainian southern forces spokesman Oleksandr Shtupun estimated that 5,000 Russians had been killed or wounded two weeks into the effort to capture Avdiivka and Moscow had lost about 400 armoured vehicles there and in Mariinka, farther south along the eastern front.

That high rate of attrition continued in the past week, according to Ukraine. Its armed forces reported 660 Russians killed on Saturday across the front in 70 combat clashes, 10 of them in Avdiivka. Two days later, they said they killed 680 Russian soldiers. Shtupun said 500 of those casualties were in the Avdiivka area over 30 assaults.

Russia is apparently able to replenish its numbers. The commander of the Russian “Arbat” Separate Guards Special Purpose Battalion, which is serving in Avdiivka, told a Russian reporter that fighters from the Wagner mercenary group are now among its ranks, an observation backed by a Ukrainian source. Russian National Security Council Deputy Chairperson Dmitry Medvedev said nearly 385,000 people entered service with the Russian armed forces this year. Shtupun said Russia was training Storm-Z assault troops to deploy in Avdiivka.

Retired Ukrainian Colonel Petro Chernyk said Russia could potentially call on up to 3 million former conscripts trained in basic combat and, despite the fact that Ukraine has “destroyed” about 25,000 Russian soldiers a month, these were always immediately replaced.

You can't kill 'em all@Al Jazz

Sponsored Links
Back