Ukraine counter offensive

1,400 arrests isn't really a huge number compared with the population is it? Then the demo's shown. Are some watching or taking part?

Conscripting some - I heard the word rumoured being used.

Other countries don't have demo's concerning wars do they? That's not supporting Russia. It's just a fact.
That's not the point. Conscripting people objecting to the war is not mobilising veterans or the reserve. It's grabbing bodies.

Sponsored Links
Other countries tend not to invade their neighbours.
That is completely irrelevant concerning the fact I was pointing out. One day Russians may loose faith in Putin. Currently is seems they haven't.

There are even parallels - remember weapons of mass destruction. The wars that have been held that can't be won?

That is completely irrelevant concerning the fact I was pointing out.

No it isn't. You were intimating that other countries have war demos therefore there is nothing special about the ones in Russia.

I am saying it is completely different, other countries tend not to invade their neighbours. Also the penalties in Russia are high for speaking out against Vladimir, the fact that it is happening is a big deal.

That's not the point. Conscripting people objecting to the war is not mobilising veterans or the reserve. It's grabbing bodies.
"I heard the word rumoured being used."

Could it be a deliberate rumour or is it fact. \Will there be a few examples or all.

Matters f'sll anyway. Russia will do what ever it does. Your feelings on the matter are irrelevant.

The fact that matters is the eventual outcome as far as Ukraine and Russia is concerned. The stated western aim is to bring Russia down on it's knees. Western pundits don't seem to feel that this will happen quickly even now.

"Seems to be calling up people with combat experience". Is that true or false. It could be either. Hence seems.

Sponsored Links
No it isn't. You were intimating that other countries have war demos therefore there is nothing special about the ones in Russia.

I am saying it is completely different, other countries tend not to invade their neighbours. Also the penalties in Russia are high for speaking out against Vladimir, the fact that it is happening is a big deal.
The highest profile person to speak out about the war is Alla Pugacheva who's been branded a 'foreign agent' by the Russian Justice Ministry. Such a person has a large following in Russia and won't be easily silenced, either.

The stated western aim is to bring Russia down on it's knees.

I think the aim is to prevent Russia successfully invading and annexing Ukraine.

Where did you see this declaration by all the Western countries when they held a conference to agree it?

Ooops, my mistake, you didn't

You made it up.

ou made it up
No I didn't statement by US defence secretary. Never being capable of doing the same thing again. My way of putting it is just a bit more extreme. but means the same thing.

No I didn't statement by US defence secretary.

So not all the West.

Where did he publish his "statement?"

Have his words been confirmed by the President and Governments of his own country?

Or ours?

NATO? The EU?

"The stated western aim" my asre.

You made it up.

Last edited:
'Then, he said, the United States hopes Russia will be “weakened” by the war. “It has already lost a lot of military capability and a lot of its troops, quite frankly, and we want to see them not have the capability to very quickly reproduce that capability,” Austin said.'

Full article here.

Where did you see this declaration by all the Western countries when they held a conference to agree it?
Why bother with the charade of a conference? All that happens is US says 'jump!' the rest say 'how high?'

It seems unless you swallow the simplistic & reductive legacy media narrative whole you are somehow a Russian sympathiser.

Nearly 90 Percent of the World Isn't Following Us on Ukraine | Opinion

I sometimes don't reply to idiots who miss the point. It was televised Mr D - talking to a meeting of the usual heads. End of comments on the subject as far as I am concerned. I'd suggest people use sensible news sources. I could add more.

Anyway the referendum has started. It will be held over 4 days. It's caused some to move out of occupied areas. Their comments were interesting. One area mentioned by one was men of fighting age can't move out. Martial law effectively as per the other side. I'd suspect they are unlikely to have the drive Ukrainians have. The referendum is illegal in several respects. :) Anyway time to find out more about Truss's actions. AlJ only gave brief details. As expected trickle down figures - an idea that many reckon doesn't work. Not much available to sell off this time.AlJ visited Gravesend. Interesting choice.

@ajohn @wellyfish

So not all the West.

Where did he publish his "statement?"

Have his words been confirmed by the President and Governments of his own country?

Or ours?

NATO? The EU?

"The stated western aim" my asre.

You made it up.

By all means try to answer those points, instead of just shovelling vague waffle.

@ajohn @wellyfish

By all means try to answer those points, instead of just shovelling vague waffle.
I gave you a link to his statement, you probably won't bother to read it, too busy finding 'reliable' sources.

The guy who said that is Defense Secretary, Lloyd Austin. Do you think he's just wandered into a press conference and blurted out some personal opinion, I mean who would do that? Oh, wait, Biden does that!

Sponsored Links
Back