Ultion lock failure

Is the multipoint mechanism stiff when unlocking, meaning you need more force on the key? This tends to be evident when the door is shut, but not if you operate the lock with the door open.

Sponsored Links
Is the multipoint mechanism stiff when unlocking, meaning you need more force on the key? This tends to be evident when the door is shut, but not if you operate the lock with the door open.
I’ve not noticed any stiffness in the multipoint locking. I’ve just tried it with the temporary lock and it seems fine. Also, we rarely use the multi lock. We tend to go with the simple single lock. Unless we plan to be away for a few days, etc.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
can I please have your views on the above eurocylinder or recommendations on which one I should use as a replacement?

Sponsored Links
Let me preface this with, I have changed at least a dozen of these euro cylinders over the years and never had any issues.

On this occasion, I purchased this Yale eurocylinder:

IMG_2077.jpeg
IMG_2078.jpeg

This lug (there is the same in the other side sticks out and stops me from sliding the cylinder through the lock.

IMG_2078.jpeg

I tried it on a different door and get the same issue. It’s too wide to slide through the lock because of these.

Any ideas on what they are and how I can fit this eurocylinder?

Thanks

perhaps I need to slot it in through the outside of the door? Just dawned on me…

I had a single Ultion Eurocylinder in a door and was planning to get several more, keyed alike, for other doors around the house. The price put me off, as well as the unfriendly ordering process (you can't just order online even if you've registered your ownership details) and the incompetence of the local high-street supplier who took all the details and failed to ever get back to me. I got a bunch of Avocet ABS cylinders instead. Cheaper, even allowing for the "wasted" Ultion cylinder, easy and smooth to order online, easier to re-order with the unique cylinder code. Happy with them all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back