ultra strong adhesive, rubber to plaster/bricks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a very strong and long lasting adhesive to attach the edge of the acoustic matt around the edge of the perimeter of the ceiling so there is no flanking noise. The area in the joint of the ceiling with the wall is uneven from breaking the old ceiling plasterboard. I am installing Tecsound 50 mat (self-adhesive but for installing purpose and would not last) over the resilient bars and 50mm down the wall all-round the ceiling. Any good adhesive to bond the rubber with the plaster and bricks?

Sponsored Links
I mostly want to glue the rubber mat to the wall. I have also been recommended Everbuild solvent free PINKGRIP SF? Shall I go for a grab adhesive or for a sealant with adhesive properties, what do you think?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I've no idea what will be best in your situation with the materials you are using, I do know that PU adhesive makes a very strong flexible bond.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back