Unaccessible isolation valves (under floor)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're re-doing the kitchen and noticed the bathroom rad above has isolation valves on it in the ceiling void. It was only recently done.

Seems like bad practice to me to have isolation valves completely unaccessible so should they be removed?

Sponsored Links
It could be handy if the bathroom rad has to be taken out at a later date - assuming that the floor isn't tiled :p It saves a drain down in any case - if they aren't leaking, I'd leave them be.
John :)

I'd leave them be. Why fix something that isn't broke? Are the valves leaking or something? :confused:

They're not leaking but the bathroom floor is tiled which means they'll never ever by any way of getting to them once the ceiling is plastered.

Sponsored Links
I would remove them, as once the ceiling is fitted there will be no access to them and no point! Only thing they can do is prove to be a problem when/if they start leaking in the future.

I was called out on Sunday night where a customer had a leak from the ceiling, they pulled up the tiled floor, and floor boards to find a faulty isolation valve, he told me that he didn't know that it was there. Drained down and removed valve and fitted a new section of pipe work.

Andy

I was called out on Sunday night . Drained down and removed valve and fitted a new section of pipe work.

Andy
And all for a Pony :idea: because it was such a nice change from being up to your knees in Pony + Trap :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back